Dill pickles??? Help!

tbit

Registered
I'm in serious need of some dill pickles for a potato salad I'm making for a 4th of July dinner for my family. Can anyone out there help me with where I might find some good ole dill pickles?

Thanks!

RicardoBA said:
Try Disco or Jumbo. They both had huge jars of dill pickles.

there not the deli style pickles north americans are used to. the pickles here are "agridulce" or sweet.

i haven't found any other kind here so far, even the large jars of the German pickles are still sweet.

love to hear if anyone knows of a place....

No luck with any dill pickles in BA. I've found a lot of other things, but those are still eluding me too.

Hmm, there is a place called Hans in Mercado Belgrano on Juramento. They have large jars that appear homemade.You can buy a big jar or just one pickle.
Now,usually German style pickles are not sweet,but rather tend towards sour but I am not sure if these are true to original recipe.

Wash the jumbo pickles and then soak them overnight in white vinegar in the fridge.

I usually stock up and let seem steep in the vinegar for weeks or months to completely eradicate any sweetness they have but if you chucking them into a potato salad tomorrow, I'm sure the sauces you use within it will mask (Or compliment) any residual sugar they retain.

If you find chillies too, chopping and soaking them in vinegar means they'll keep and will add some tang to your spicy dishes. Hard to get good chillies around here.

Hope it goes well!

Back