Dinner Ba Expats Wednesday Aug 12 at 9pm

webteam

Administrator

We are proud to announce a very special meal for all BA Expats and guests . The dinner will be next Wednesday, Aug 12th at 9pm at
To Japanese Restaurant, Costa Rica 6000. Toufic, the restaurant Manager, has arranged for us a special three course meal for only 80 pesos per person a great saving on the normal price. Please click on the link for more info about the restaurant: http://www.torestaurant.com/

Also check Guia Oleo for reviews.

Para empezar ... Two Choices
  • Mix de sashimi de salmon y pescado blanco en salsa thai servido en ostras.

• Roll special To relleno de novillo de kobe marinado al wok, con palta, rucula, envuelto en jamon crudo y su reduccion de salsa de cabernet sauvignon.
Luego ...

• Croutte de Salmon y tofu, crema de calabaza y curry.
  • Wok de lomo marinado con anana y vegetales y su salsa agri picante
De nuestra chef pastelera

Degustacion de Shot de helado de maracuya, Mouse de coco y trufas de chocolate
Agua y cafe by espresso

You can make a reservation by sending an email to [email protected] or by replying to dinner thread on our website.

Hope to see you there!

Count me in too. It would be great if Igor could show up, but only if he feels up to it.
Saludos

These dinners were 35 pesos not too long ago. Now, Ther´re "only" 80 pesos.

The postres and cafe expresso don´t sound too Japanese to me, but what do I know?

Great to have the dinners going again:

;)What time is the dinner at TO?

fred mertz said:

The postres and cafe expresso don´t sound too Japanese to me, but what do I know?

This is a French+Japanese restaurant, so postres and coffee totally make sense ;)

fred mertz said:

Just to be fair to the organizers of the dinners (I am not one of them), I believe the cost of the dinners has averaged 60-70 pesos (including wine) for at least a year. I do remember a couple dinners for about 40-45 pesos a few years ago, but that didn't include wine. A couple of the lunches Igor and Pericles organized (not long ago) were 35 pesos. I organized a few that were only 21-22 pesos, but that didn't include a beverage or tip and they were all self serve. We all know what has happened to food prices in the past two years as well.

The dinners also seem to be at progressively better restaurants.

fred mertz said:

According to Guia Oleo average price of dinner at To's is $111 pesos. And Guia Oleo prices are not always current. $80 per person is a discounted group price.

You can always volunteer to organize a dinner yourself at a restaurant of your choice.

I am many of my friends have eaten at To restaurant many times and have never paid less than 200 pesos per person with wine. Yes its expensive but its considered the best Japanese restaurant in Argentina.

To have a three course meal in one of the best restaurants in Argentina wih a 5 star setting and service for less than 25 dollars each is unheard of anywhere in the world.

The same meal in New York, London, Paris or Tokyo would cost minimum US 100 dollars.

Back