Disability Carer Looking For Work

leahleah1

Registered
Hi everyone I am new to this sight, I have been in Buenos Aires now for 7 weeks, I moved here to be with my Arg boy friend. I am from Queensland, Australia, nice to meet you all!

In December 2015 I completed a Certificate III in Disability Care through TAFE Queensland Gold Coast (www.tafegoldcoast.edu.au).
My qualifications include maintaining an environment to empower people, support community participation and inclusion, support health and wellbeing, working within a legal and ethical framework, work effectively with culturally diverse clients, work place health and safety and first aid. I also undertook a placement at Southport Special School, a school which provides education to children with an intellectual disability with many other students having additional disabilities.

Career opportunities include aged/disability support worker, teachers aid, day care assistant and residential on-site carer.

I have an Australian Federal Police Certificate which confirms no past criminal history and also a Working with Children Check which is a public safety check which allows me to work with children. I am also up to date with immunisations.

If anyone has any links to organisations or referrals please pass them on. I have emailed numerous organisations myself too.

Hi LeahLeah1,
I'm sorry to say that I don't have any leads for you, the best of luck though.
I just had to write because the way you framed you information reminded me so much of my time at QUT studying primary education.
When you have residency get in touch with the private schools as well, there may be a position available in their preschools. Don't expect to be payed a fantastic salary though. You'll be coming in at the same level as the locals.

Hi Tilda, thanks for the tip. I am currently going through the motions of getting residency.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Jobs 2
N Expat Life 2
N Culture 2
J Newcomers Forum 3
Back