Divorcing an argentinan

mediotonto

Registered
Evening forum.
Iam about to divorce a native argentinan women, we have basicly around of 500kUSD in total, a house 200k, an apartment 70k, a car 20k, and around of 200k in cash and stocks.
Wife makes 8-10k USD/month, I have been home with the kids last 10years and have 0 pesos/month as an income.
Wifes offer is that I stay with the stocks that is around of 40k USD and that she stays with the rest, because shes the one that been bringin in money, at least for the last couple of years.
As a marride couple I think that its problaby 50/50 that is the way to go.
Wife case is that the money we now have save up is from her salary and that is not to be split.
Is that correct?
We have been married for 15years and for the last 4-5 years she has outranned me as topearner in the famliy, I find it hard that she shall get everytihng then, not like I would have got everyting if we got divorced in 2017 becasue i was top earner at that moment.

Good luck. Immediately get all your receipts, bank statements, other important papers in order and memorialize everything you can, in terms of your daily schedule/ contributions to the marriage… and that includes raising the kids.

Thanks so far for the responds, lawyers I would like to wait with, I consider thtat the best break up is the one that doesnt need any third party, yes that will never happend, but I at least wanna give it some time.
My contrubutins to the marriage is no problem to show, so that is no problem.
Basicly I just wanna know if she got any case that her earnings from her work is just for her?
Im in a bubble that its 50/50 but maybe Iam wrong, that is what I wanna know about, does she has a case beeing the sole proiveder for the familiy last 5-6 years.

All inputs are welcome

Evening forum.
Iam about to divorce a native argentinan women, we have basicly around of 500kUSD in total, a house 200k, an apartment 70k, a car 20k, and around of 200k in cash and stocks.
Wife makes 8-10k USD/month, I have been home with the kids last 10years and have 0 pesos/month as an income.
Wifes offer is that I stay with the stocks that is around of 40k USD and that she stays with the rest, because shes the one that been bringin in money, at least for the last couple of years.
Wife case is that the money we now have save up is from her salary and that is not to be split.
Is that correct?
We have been married for 15years and for the last 4-5 years she has outranned me as topearner in the famliy, I find it hard that she shall get everytihng then, not like I would have got everyting if we got divorced in 2017 becasue i was top earner at that moment.
Where were you married? Argentina? If you were married here and there was no prenup then your starting position is always 50% of the assets. And split custody. You were/are "amo de casa" which is a full time job. But yes you do need a lawyer. Good luck!

Thanks so far for the responds, lawyers I would like to wait with, I consider thtat the best break up is the one that doesnt need any third party, yes that will never happend, but I at least wanna give it some time.
My contrubutins to the marriage is no problem to show, so that is no problem.
Basicly I just wanna know if she got any case that her earnings from her work is just for her?
Im in a bubble that its 50/50 but maybe Iam wrong, that is what I wanna know about, does she has a case beeing the sole proiveder for the familiy last 5-6 years.

All inputs are welcome
If there was no prenup you are looking at 50%. It would be hard for her to argue otherwise after 15 years.

Where were you married? Argentina? If you were married here and there was no prenup then your starting position is always 50% of the assets. And split custody. You were/are "amo de casa" which is a full time job. But yes you do need a lawyer. Good luck!
Yes we was married in Argentina 2007, with no prenup at that moment I was the only one that got any money.

Any income or registered property that was generated or acquired while you were married is to be split 50/50 as a general rule. Get a trustworthy lawyer.

Evening forum.
Is that correct?
I’m a lawyer even I do not work family law your question can be replied even by a student.
You are entitle to 50 % of the fruits, it means, the money your wife produce.
If you were married for so long, you do not have a pre nup.
I can recomend Dra. Miryam Hango who only does familly law for the last 25 years.

Dra. Hanko:1530197965
[email protected]
She managed by attempt to divorce.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Culture 1
L Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 13
Back