DNI Digital?

TWB103

Registered
If I understand correctly as an extranjero resident of argentina I need a -Digital- DNI to travel to anywear beyond Mercosur.

Can anyone throw some light on that?

Ok so DNI Digital is just the card replacement of the libreta. Maybe tarjeta de DNI would be a better name..

You cannot travel to Mercosur countries without your passport if you are not a citizen. A permanent residence DNI is not enough - unless the law has been changed. Some years ago I tried doing this. Fortunately i had enough time to return home from the Buquebus terminal in BA to get my passport.

yes, having a DNI as a resident doesn't allow you anything. you need your passport and are subject to any visa requirements of your destination based on your nationality.

i learned this lesson the hard way going to brazil last year....

As all information down here I am not sure on this one but I was told as an American for example you could go to Uruguay on a DNI because a visa is not required for an American to enter URU. Brazil on the other hand requires a passport as a visa is required. This information was obtained at the airport in Buenos Aires on the way to URU. I was just curious as I had a passport too. But we all know how information works down here.

Maybe someone can verfiy this but I do not think I would buy a flight or something unless I knew for sure a DNI would work.

The visa rule apples as per nationality shown on yr DNI. So visa rules for American passport applies even on yr Argentine DNI

Just got back from Chile a few weeks ago and all I used was my DNI. They told us in Aeroparque that's true for Mercosur and associated countries. Not sure what the associated countries are except for Chile.

As all information down here I am not sure on this one but I was told as an American for example you could go to Uruguay on a DNI because a visa is not required for an American to enter URU. Brazil on the other hand requires a passport as a visa is required. This information was obtained at the airport in Buenos Aires on the way to URU. I was just curious as I had a passport too. But we all know how information works down here.

Maybe someone can verfiy this but I do not think I would buy a flight or something unless I knew for sure a DNI would work.

as an american, this is correct. you need a visa to enter brazil. you don't for uruguay or chile.

DNI isn't good enough.

Back