Dni Extranjero Only At Migraciones?

Farenheit

Registered
I was told that the foreigner DNI could only be done at the dreaded Migraciones. Is that true? Paseo Colon would be so much nicer, but I don't want to waste time making an appt at the wrong place. Does anyone have any up to date certain-sure info? THANKS!

You'll have to make an online appointment for Migraciones at Hipólito Yrigoyen 952 using this site: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?dni_extranjeros . No other location is able to process foreigners. There is nothing to dread however. I've done it twice and both times were relatively quick and painless. The last time my DNI was delivered to me only one week later.

I did mine also at the office on Hipólito Yrigoyen 952, took about 1/2 an hour to wait on line and take the picture. However you don't get it right there, you actually receive a text message telling you that it's in the mail. Since I wasn't home to sign for it, they sent it to the office on Av. Jujuy (and I got notified by another text message) and had to go pick it up there, between waiting on line and then wait sitting, it took about an hour to pick up, the Av. Jujuy office is packed, but it's organized, believe it or not. Whole process took 90 days.

Back