DNI Renewal for Minor

RSPlayer

Registered
My 15 year old son's DNI expired the end of November 2020. He and I both have permanent residency in Argentina and my wife, his mother is Argentine. I have searched through the Forum and been to the Renaper site but am still a bit confused First, just because the DNI card is expired does not mean his residency has expired, correct? Does anyone know the the process to renew a DNI for a foreign minor, do you need to go to Immigration or just make the turno with Renaper? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My 15 year old son's DNI expired the end of November 2020. He and I both have permanent residency in Argentina and my wife, his mother is Argentine. I have searched through the Forum and been to the Renaper site but am still a bit confused First, just because the DNI card is expired does not mean his residency has expired, correct? YES....that is correct.

Does anyone know the the process to renew a DNI for a foreign minor, do you need to go to Immigration or just make the turno with Renaper?

Last edited:
Great. Thanks for the info. Got a turno for this Saturday. We shall see. I will keep you posted.

Great. Thanks for the info. Got a turno for this Saturday. We shall see. I will keep you posted.
As soon as you have to go to RENAPER, ask for opción de nacionalidad and get a DNI of citizen for him.

Just an update on my son's DNI situation. I had made an appointment at Renaper for Sat. June 5, then got an email that it was cancelled due to the weekend lockdown. Made another for Sat. June 12 at Renaper (corner of Libertador and Bullrich). Got there and there were about 4 people with appointments waiting to get in, after about 5 min. went inside and there were like 3 people waiting (one welcome consequence of the pandemia). Took about 5 min. to pay (300 pesos) and have them take a new picture, finger prints, etc. Said it will arrive at my house in 30 days. I could not believe how easy it was. We finished and went out to celebrate! We will celebrate again when it is in my hands.

Back