Dni Renewal

sailaway

Registered
Hi, I have tried searching previous threads but so far not found anything suitable..

Can anyone advise me what documents are needed to renew my DNI which will expire in mid-June.

I am employed by a local company, so I assume an updated copy of my work contract, and local antecedentes penales...

If anybody knows or has done it recently please let me know...as it will save me a trip to Retiro..

Many thanks,

Have you tried looking on the webpage of the gobierno ciudad de Buenos Aires? It should say.

Here's the website for migraciones: http://www.migracion...v.ar/accesible/

Technically, you will be "renewing" your "work visa" (also referred to as "residencia temporaria") which will automatically "renew" your DNI.

If you use the advanced search feature of the forum and enter the words "work" and "visa" you will find many threads on the subject, one of which includes the following (from a post made four years ago in a thread titled "work visa renewal"):

1. Carta de Contunidad Laboral
2. AFIP Constancia de Inscripcion (download from afip.gob.ar with Company´s CUIT)
3. AFIP Aportes (download from afip.gob.ar with employee CUIL)
4. Requirentes - This your employer should have. It is proof that they are registered with Migraciones to hire foreigners.
5. Last 9 pay stubs
6. Antecedentes penales
7. Passport
8. Photocopy of first page of passport
9. 600 pesos

Make sure you go with copies of everything. They will keep the originals of:

1. Carta de Continuidad laboral
2. Antecedentes

They will keep copies of the rest of the list.

Source: http://baexpats.org/...hl__+work +visa

I would also recommend asking an immigration lawyer here, just to be sure. If you use an immigration lawyer, they can take care of your paperwork for you. ICS Partner Group has been assisting me with my work visa renewal: http://www.ics-partnergroupsa.com/

As steveinbsas mentioned, make sure that your company is properly registered with RENURE (REGISTRO NACIONAL ÚNICO DE REQUIRENTES DE EXTRANJEROS). Some of the paperwork required for the company to be registered is extremely slow and bureaucratic. An immigration lawyer can also help your company maneuver through these bureaucratic hurdles more effectively.

If your employer will pay for the consultation with a lawyer you might as well do so, but, since you made the initial post to simply avoid making an extra trip to migraciones it seems unlikely you would be willing to spend hundreds of pesos for something you don't need.

There are other members here that can let you know if the list I posted is obsolete in any way.

I'm sure they will if it is.

Hi all, thanks for the helpful replies.

Yes Steve you are correct I dont think a lawyer is necessary, all the requirements you listed I/the company already have in order. I just wanted to avoid going to Retiro and being sent away because something obscure was missing.

Thanks again for your help, really appreciated.

Back