DNI update

I understand your frustrations - took me nearly 1 year - all papers were correct from the start. Didn't start looking at it until 6 months in - by then the police certificate had expired so had to renew - I found it helped getting an Argentine to talk directly to the person in charge of the case.

Thanks Somewhereinba, When does the police check expire? Just wondering if I better get to work on another one of those. Last time that took some time as I had to make an appointment on the internet and they were fairly booked up.

Well turns out at this time the police visit record can now no longer be found or something. Immigration's is going send someone else to confirm my place of residence. That is the last piece of the puzzle. Hopefully all this will get done in the next 30 to 60 days. No fault with imaginations they just were not getting a responce from the police. I am sure this process is all new to them and they may not have all the kinks worked of the system yet.
remember to bring uncle benjamin when things cannot be found......;)

This just gets better all the time this time. Turns out, which ever ministry has our marriage license did not want to go looking for it because they thought it might take hours to find. Because it is so old now and surely stached away in a back room full of documents. Immigration's needs that from them as proof we have not divorced or some other reason. My wife's cousin has a connection there and is going there tomorrow to see if she can get it done. I am still waiting for a new verification residence visit and no one has been here to verify that another time yet. Renewing my Precaria for the 2nd time now. I wonder if I should send uncle Benjamin with my wife's cousin per Mc Kenna's advice.

So I went bright and early to immigration's this morning got my paper work and went to the Banco Argentina. The division of the bank the takes payments for immigration's has changed their hours and now only operate from 7AM to 9-30 AM. :rolleyes:

This just gets better all the time this time. Turns out, which ever ministry has our marriage license did not want to go looking for it because they thought it might take hours to find. Because it is so old now and surely stached away in a back room full of documents. Immigration's needs that from them as proof we have not divorced or some other reason. My wife's cousin has a connection there and is going there tomorrow to see if she can get it done. I am still waiting for a new verification residence visit and no one has been here to verify that another time yet. Renewing my Precaria for the 2nd time now. I wonder if I should send uncle Benjamin with my wife's cousin per Mc Kenna's advice.

So I went bright and early to immigration's this morning got my paper work and went to the Banco Argentina. The division of the bank the takes payments for immigration's has changed their hours and now only operate from 7AM to 9-30 AM. :rolleyes:

Consider sending your adventure chronicles blog to Campanella, he'll make another Oscar winning movie out of it and you might get a few pennies in royalties being a protagonista.

Interestingly it all has nothing to do with immigration's they are doing their job it is these pieces of the puzzle needed from other places.

Well after 3 days of going to Registro Civil my wife's cousin got them to send the correct document to immagration's on Tuesday. Today and immigration's employee came to the house instead of the police to verify that do live here and filled out their form and got all our info. So finally they have all the pieces of the puzzle. Now it is just wait on the DNI or so the agent from immagration's told me. Time will tell hopefully no more snags.

This is because the DNU 70/2017 was declared unconstitutional. You welcome.

Thanks if you ever in far North let me know I make a fine Asado in my Quincho and we celecrate with some Malbec.

Back