DNI vs Cédula

Monique

Registered
Just got my DNI today (the booklet) and was wondering why I didn't also get the Cédula (the laminated card). Anyone knows? Do foreigners not get this or do you only get it when you're a permanent resident? Also my temporaria was approved in July of this year and therefore expires July 2012. This is also what is stated under fecha de expedicion on page 1, however on the 2nd page (the one with your address and fingerprint) it states fecha de radicacion 26 July 2011 and then venc.: 20 March 2012. What exactly expires on 20 March 2012? I thought you could only start renewing your permit as of 2 months prior to the expiration date which would be May 2012. Thanks for clarifying.

The cedula is the "mercosur' card. For this you need to be permanent resident...

Monique said:
Just got my DNI today (the booklet) and was wondering why I didn't also get the Cédula (the laminated card). Anyone knows? Do foreigners not get this or do you only get it when you're a permanent resident? Also my temporaria was approved in July of this year and therefore expires July 2012. This is also what is stated under fecha de expedicion on page 1, however on the 2nd page (the one with your address and fingerprint) it states fecha de radicacion 26 July 2011 and then venc.: 20 March 2012. What exactly expires on 20 March 2012? I thought you could only start renewing your permit as of 2 months prior to the expiration date which would be May 2012. Thanks for clarifying.

This is indeed strange. My vencimiento (in my DNI) was exactly one year to the day of my fecha de radicacion. If the date are hand written perhaps it's just a mistake.

I already thought something was wrong. The dates are not hand-written. Guess that means another trip to migraciones. Thanks for the feedback.

Mine is also like that. Fecha de radicacion: Sept 2011. Venc: May 2012. I just attributed it to the fact that I had actually started the tramite for the very first time in July 2010 and, long story short, things got messy and I had to do everything over again. So I've been in their system for a while.

Monique said:
Just got my DNI today (the booklet) and was wondering why I didn't also get the Cédula (the laminated card).

I understand the Cédula is no longer being made. It was a separate ID with a different number, for police use mainly, and valid as passport in neighboring countries only. The DNI number was on it as well. I'd go back and clarify the whole thing.

Back