DNI - what can I do in the UK to get the process started?

malthus101

Registered
Hi guys and gals

I have been reading lots of the threads about DNI etc etc.

I can't find the original one I found weeks ago which listed the process - as I am in the UK for the next 6 months, I remember reading that I could get certain things done here before-hand at the Argentinian consulate, like having the photocopies needed officially stamped, certain things officially translated and stamped etc.

Could someone with experience briefly outline the steps I need to take?

Thanks

Malthus101

Unless something has changed recently, you should be able to apply for temporary residency at the Argentine consulate.

You can apply for your DNI as soon as you arrive in Argentina.

Getting a DNI isn't the hard part. Geting temporary residency is the biggest hurdle.

DNI's are only issued in Argentina and only after temporary or permanent residency is granted.

Search the forum for "temporary residency" and "visa rentista" as well as DNI.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on the documentation for permanent residency. Does the stamp of Ingreso need to be in date? Is it ok if I have overstayed my tourist visa or should I get it renewed at migraciones before I go to my Turno? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

deadlegs said:
I'm looking for a bit of advice on the documentation for permanent residency. Does the stamp of Ingreso need to be in date? Is it ok if I have overstayed my tourist visa or should I get it renewed at migraciones before I go to my Turno? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

I've never heard of anyone having a problem when applying for residency with an expired tourist visa.

If anyone can add to or correct this information, please do so.

So any news/updates on deadlegs question about applying for residency? "Is it ok if I have overstayed my tourist visa or should I get it renewed at migraciones before I go to my Turno? Any help much appreciated. Thanks"

Back