DNI

We just got back into the country this morning. Last week Correo Argentino sent us an email saying that would be visiting us that day and then attempted delivery twice of what we thought was both our DNIs. This morning in Ezezia, though, they told us that my wife's permanent residency had been granted but not mine, and sure enough later I looked on migraciones' website and mine is still "en trámite." We have always before now gotten our residencies and DNIs at the same time. We are on retiree residencies but my wife is the only one getting the retirement benefits at this point, so my "motivo" as they call it is "familiar radicado permanente." Given that this has never happened to us before, where one gets the residencia before the other, I wanted to ask if this has happened to others? Is this because we are now applying for permanent residency? Last week they were obviously trying to deliver only my wife's DNI, because she is the only one of us two whose residency has been granted.
I just wanted to correct something that I had said in the post cited again: Correo Argentino does not advise you via email that they will be delivering your DNI. CA did send me an email saying they would be visiting us that day, but it was to deliver my new debit card, nothing to do with Migraciones. We did go to Jujuy 438 and they confirmed what we had already seen online, that my wife's residency had already been granted, but not mine. We went there in the off chance that in addition to trying to deliver my bank card they had also tried to deliver her DNI, but no such luck. At Jujuy they told us that if her DNI hadn't arrived by the end of the year to come back. Since my residency still has not been granted, they told us it would take even longer. We had our second (and last appt.) at Migraciones on August 5. They said things are moving slowly since it's an election year. As Artisans has mentioned, they give a tracking number if your residency had been granted and your are only waiting for the DNI.

Does anyone know how to track the DNI with the 26-digit "boleta prenumerada"?

Does anyone know how to track the DNI with the 26-digit "boleta prenumerada"?
As far as I know you can use only the 9 digit number that they give you at the Renaper office on Av. Jujuy to track your DNI, and that's only with Correo Argentino (or maybe one of the other postal services) once it's been issued.

The Correos form asks for a 12-digit "numero de tramite" which I don't have. The Ministry of the Interior website does actually take the 26-digit number without truncating it, but it returns "Paso 4. Partida no encontrada – Trámite finalizado", which points to "La partida no fue encontrada. La Jurisdicción informó que los datos son insuficientes o la partida no se encontró en esa jurisdicción. El trámite se da por finalizado" which just means they don't know I guess and I'll have to go to Hipolito Irigoyen to see wtf is going on?

The Correos form asks for a 12-digit "numero de tramite" which I don't have. The Ministry of the Interior website does actually take the 26-digit number without truncating it, but it returns "Paso 4. Partida no encontrada – Trámite finalizado", which points to "La partida no fue encontrada. La Jurisdicción informó que los datos son insuficientes o la partida no se encontró en esa jurisdicción. El trámite se da por finalizado" which just means they don't know I guess and I'll have to go to Hipolito Irigoyen to see wtf is going on?
Yes, it's 'do you know the way to Hipolito Irigoyen' time. Be sure to take with you the paid receipt for the DNI.

The nine digit number they gave us at the Av. Jujuy Renaper office works with the seguimiento feature of CA. I just put my wife's number in and the entire history of the failed delivery attempt and then the successful attempt came up. The system automatically adds three zeros before the nine digit number to make it work in their system. Why aren't you going to Av Jujuy to find out about your DNI? That's where I thought you had to go. I will tell you that my wife was granted permanent residency (according to the Migraciones website) in September. When her DNI still hadn't arrived in Nov., we went to the Jujuy office and they told us that until three months had passed, they couldn't lodge a reclamo. We went back the first part of January and they made the reclamo and she got her DNI 10 days or two weeks later. Of course they had put her sex as "masculino" and she then had to to Irigoyen to request a new DNI, with the right sex. That was just last Wednesday.

Last edited:
Well, if the DNI was produced and then returned from a failed delivery attempt, it might well be in Jujuy. However, I don't think mine has made it that far, prior experience is telling me there was a screw up, in which case might better to return to source of all the trouble at Hipolito Irigoyen.

Back