DNU 70/2017 declared unconstitutional regarding citizenship

CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope (as the expression goes) that "Success is its own reward." as many who will benefit in the future from this decision will never know the role you played in making it happen.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Many in the future from this decision will never know the role you played in making it happen.

Steve, I could not have said it better! I am shocked that that dr Rubiliar has faced so much opposition on this forum. He is probably the best citizenship lawyer on the entire planet!

Steve, I could not have said it better! I am shocked that that dr Rubiliar has faced so much opposition on this forum. He is probably the best citizenship lawyer on the entire planet!
He is knowledgeable as a lawyer but you just can't expect people to agree on politics!

He is knowledgeable as a lawyer but you just can't expect people to agree on politics!

What Dr. Rubliar has accomplished regarding the DNU 70/2017 involves more than his knowledge as a lawyer.

Knowledge is one thing. Action is something else...entirely.

While he indicated that other lawyers were involved in that actions that were taken to fight the DNU 70/2017, I seriously doubt that the provision of the DNU 70/2017 which arbitrarily changed the requisites for citizenship (apparently designed to exclude non-Caucasians) would have been declared unconstitutional without his efforts (aka actions).

I don't know if Dr. Rubilar's actions put him in physical jeopardy, but, considering that the Director of Migraciones (who I believe wrote the decree) lost his job, I would not be surprised if they did.

One can argue that, as a "citizenship lawyer" Dr, Rubliar had a financial "stake" in the outcome of this case, but I see it as an individual standing up for something he believes in: The "rule" of Constitutional law as opposed to the whims (aka decrees) of men (at least regarding Argentine citizenship).

For that reason alone I believe he is deserving of respect and gratitude of all expats who presently live in or Argentina or have a desire to live here in the future . 1528465940613.png

Last edited:
What Dr. Rubliar has accomplished regarding the DNU 70/2017 involves more than his knowledge as a lawyer.

While he indicated that other lawyers were involved in that actions that were taken to fight the DNU 70/2017, I seriously doubt that the provision of the DNU 70/2017 which arbitrarily changed the requisites for citizenship (apparently designed to exclude non-Caucasians) would have been declared unconstitutional without his efforts (aka actions).

I don't know if Dr. Rubilar's actions put him in physical jeopardy, but, considering that the Director of Migraciones (who I believe wrote the decree) lost his job, I would not be surprised if they did.

One can argue that, as a "citizenship lawyer" Dr, Rubliar had a financial "stake" in the outcome of this case, but I see it as an individual standing up for something he believes in: The "rule" of Constitutional law as opposed to the whims (aka decrees) of men (at least regarding Argentine citizenship).

For that reason alone I believe he is deserving of respect and gratitude of all expats who presently live in or Argentina or have a desire to live here in the future . View attachment 5019

Bravo Steve! So well Said. Dr Rubiliar is one of my favorite people in whole of Argentina.

I have nothing to add to what I wrote a short while ago:

Although I have little regard for your politics, at your day job you appear to be a consummate professional. Congratulations.

In the absence of the ruling - the reasoning behind this is because of the use of a DNU to bypass Congress, or for another reason?

I have nothing to add to what I wrote a short while ago:

In the absence of the ruling - the reasoning behind this is because of the use of a DNU to bypass Congress, or for another reason?

According to immigration the emergency was that foreigners that deserve to be deported (because they are Chinese) got citizenship in fraud to the law. The chamber was hard in this point because they understood that immigration was judging the judges and stablished that this (the fraud to the law) is impossible because the procedure ar Court is more complete than at Immigration and judges enforce the National Constitution and Law 346.
They also said that if they know of a fraud, they must do the criminal complaint.

Reactions: ben

For that reason alone I believe he is deserving of respect and gratitude of all expats who presently live in or Argentina or have a desire to live here in the future . View attachment 5019

According to immigration the emergency was that foreigners that deserve to be deported (because they are Chinese) got citizenship in fraud to the law. The chamber was hard in this point because they understood that immigration was judging the judges and stablished that this (the fraud to the law) is impossible because the procedure ar Court is more complete than at Immigration and judges enforce the National Constitution and Law 346.
They also said that if they know of a fraud, they must do the criminal complaint.
I think it's a racism law.Am I correct?
If I'm right,Rubliar you are a hero for asian(chinese).
(ps:Rubliar,sorry for send many message before.If I ask a question again,I will use PayPal)

Back