Do any of you sail?

jenh

Registered
Curious to know if any of you sail/have boats and are looking for crew? I am moving to BsAs for work in Nov, and I sail competitively here in San Francisco, looking to join up with a crew, or as we say, una tripulación... Likewise, if anyone is selling a boat, let me know, I may be in the market.

Hi there, I am also new here .

I don't know if there is anyone sailing, but my partner has a tour business where he provides sailing tours. So if you are stuck and jonesing for the wind around your nose drop me a line.They are affordable.

Regarding finding your own sailboat that is not a problem. But registering and sailing it is not so easy here.You can buy one, but you will need a license to sail,sometimes even to register the boat in your name. What you need is a carnet de timonel. Of course you can get it from the local prefectura by passing a theoretic test and some basic manoeuvres .
Again write me a pm if you are interested and I will ask more details .

I have sailed a little bit and enjoy it. I will be moving to BA next July/Aug and am interested in classes and sailing clubs

I would be interested in lounging on the deck tanning and drinking mimosas and lazily chatting about Baroque and the god-damned bourgeoisie if you guys need some company when you get started. I have absolutely no ability whatsoever to contribute to the actual maneuvering of the vessel, but I'm an excellent conversationalist and I'm darned good-looking in white.

Melinda, plenty of sailing classes here. I think some even in English.
Some in Spanish are downright cheap and useful. Not sure what is involved in other countries, but here you are required not only to know basic manoeuvres, but currents,tides,course plotting chartreading etc that is if you want to steer your own boat.
It is enough if someone is onboard who has a license even if they are not at the helm. So if you find friends with a boat you should get plenty of practice. Oh and if you don't drink you should be doubly popular.They are now breathalysing skippers on the river, so while you take the helm someone can relax with a drink.

Tarheel, when we are more established we might be able to offer you an excursion in exchange for good conversation :D

Hello all,
I Sail - took the course about a year an a half ago.
I dont compete really, but if we wanted to get together a crew and sail regularly would be up for it........

Very nice! I am certified through US Sailing up to bareboat charter so usually have no problems chartering a boat. Perhaps when I arrive we can all meet for a coffee or a drink and discuss our tripulación!

check out gustavo at "sailonthesea" in BA!

I sailed with him and he was great!

Back