Do Argentines feel passionatly about the Malvinas?

james p

Registered
I am curious....Most of my Argentine friends are too busy trying to feed their families, and know only about what K says. What are your opinions?

PLEASE....I Am not asking about what YOU think about the Malvinas, but rather what your ARGENTINE friends think.

I would say that 90% of my Argentinean friends think it is being used for political purposes. Even those that are more passionate about the subject still do not show any bad feelings to me personally for being English.

I live in the north.

The overwhelming majority of my friends don't care about the malvinas or think they should be british. Of course none of my friends are in the 54%.

I am half Argentine but did my primary schooling here so I was brainwashed with Malvinas. I do not feel passionate about the issue, I do have the gut feeling that they should be Argentine but I could not care less, and for sure they are not worth one single life. Malvinas para los pinguinos!

Not just no, but hell no, Malvinas issue. In particular is a friend that fought in the war and was also a POW. Quite a story he has. Anyway, he has had enough of all this Malvinas BS to last him five lifetimes. The way I understand it, (between my Spanish and his English) he is often requested to take part in political BS rallies and such by the powers. He refuses to participate and be used as a pawn in all of this. His words. Just wishes to continue on with his life with his family. Holds no animosity with the Brits and would guess the Brits who were there would feel about the same. It is sad the way all governments use this patriotic BS to further their own agendas.*

I ask people on the street about this, and while most of them say that they think Malvinas are Argentina (and I would agree, really - look at the map), I have not met one that thinks they are worth having a war about.

Most have said that the Brits really don´t have a leg to stand on with their claims (at the same time, they are not interested in arguing about it), but don´t hold a dim view of Brits personally. I think they are smart enough to know (from their own experience) that you can´t judge a people by the actions of their government.

Political purposes... that's a fact. We are all humang beings from planet earth, there's no Argentina, no Uk, no nothing. We should be in peace and harmony with all human beings.

Back