Do Argentinians Use Their Dogs As Weapons In Ba?

Toastedwaves

Registered
I've seen confrontations between large 'attack' dogs here twice, both times the dogs were walked by the owners. My ex-roommate has been attacked by a german sheppard recently. A small cat given to a women here has been decapitated bit her pitbull. I've had my own unpleasant 'encounters' with dogs here, displaying aggressivity towards ppl I was with.

The choice of breeds and what they owners have done with them is very telling.

I am generally surprised by the lack of care they show for the animals.

I saw people trading dogs for fridges, blogger reporting nonchalantly that "yet another cat was killed by a dog", a homeowner closing her Angora cat in the non refrigerated portion of the house because she would had lost lots of hair in the living room when it was 35°C we humans were sweating copiously, a dog spending her days in a 1 x 2 m terrace, under sun or rain, regardlessly.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to believe what you said!

Isadora, I once saw people trading dogs for pieces of paper, with numbers and faces printed on it.

Seriously I hate when people go to the park with their huge dogs and walk next to you like nothing. It's worse when it's a woman and you know the dog is way stronger than her. I always take a couple of steps away from this idiots. That way if the dog all the sudden wants to bite me perhaps another person walks in between and bites him instead of me.

I have raised many dogs from pups to death and trained them extensively. The idiocy of dog owners isn't any greater here than anywhere else I have lived. Unfortunately dogs, like kids, don't come with instruction manuals. And they don't give an IQ test when you go get one.

I have raised many dogs from pups to death and trained them extensively. The idiocy of dog owners isn't any greater here than anywhere else I have lived. Unfortunately dogs, like kids, don't come with instruction manuals. And they don't give an IQ test when you go get one.

The only thing that is different here (to me at least) is that pretty much no one neuters or spays their dogs. Which leads to extra aggressiveness. And vets go around telling people that they should breed their females at least once before spaying them which is very last century vet advice. And certainly contributes to the overpopulation of dogs/cats.

I do agree though, many don't train their dogs here.

It's funny, I have a fila (along with others) and she is very well-trained. But the breed is a guardian breed and I always tell people to be careful. But people will come here will see her with my babies and then think it's a great idea to try and give her kisses. Um, just no people. She is very well-trained and has never done anything except growl but if you don't know her and I haven't said "go ahead and pet her" - don't pet her! Stupidity goes both ways, both dog owners but also other people who interact with dogs.

One thing that has surprised me so far is the lack of barking.
So many dogs, at least judging by the 'packs' being walked and the amount of poo on the walks ...
And pretty much no barking.
Most other places I have lived barking dogs in the middle of the night have been a huge annoyance.

In the UK we have dog a dog license, although quite how rigorously it's enforced, I couldn't say.
Perhaps the license should be the other way round, ie for the owner!

One thing that has surprised me so far is the lack of barking.

Except for my neighbor who decided it would be a great idea to purchase a full-blooded hound in the city. When he leaves he puts the dog out on the balcony - which then barks and bays at anything that moves. Sounds like a damn deer drive.

Back