Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

Really like most of these points though I worry about analyses that echo Catholic penance as cure: I think Argentinians realise that their politics is shameful but can't work out what to do about it. Populism has thrived on politicians telling them that The People can have what they want if only they demand it loudly enough.

Pennance requires first recognizing your mistakes and then trying to do better.

Pennance requires first recognizing your mistakes and then trying to do better.
Yes.... Who am I to disagree?

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

Persuading people they are sinners is difficult, as we see from Christina and other 'trials'. Even if they repent, can they fix it? The impoverished on third of society are usually told it is they who must work harder and get their faces back to the grindstone. We probably agree.

Read more: Annie Lennox - Sweet Dreams (are Made Of This) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Yes.... Who am I to disagree?

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

Persuading people they are sinners is difficult, as we see from Christina and other 'trials'. Even if they repent, can they fix it? The impoverished on third of society are usually told it is they who must work harder and get their faces back to the grindstone. We probably agree.

Read more: Annie Lennox - Sweet Dreams (are Made Of This) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

It's a kind of vicious circle. Corruption tends to breed corruption. A saint would have to compromise values to live in Argentina.

Back