Does A Foreigner With Argentine Dni Need Visa For Brasil?

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Posting this as we are getting conflicting information from official sources.

I am a foreigner here with a DNI. We are planning a vacation in Brasil. Do I need a visa? The snotty woman at the embassy said yes, however the Brasilian Embassy website says no.

Thanks in advance.

GS

I am a foreigner here with a DNI. We are planning a vacation in Brasil. Do I need a visa? The snotty woman at the embassy said yes, however the Brasilian Embassy website says no.

The answer is very simple.

If the country whose passport you hold and the nationality which is inscribed on your DNI does not need a visa to go to Brasil, you can use your DNI and go visa free

However, If the country whose passport you hold and the nationality which is inscribed on your DNI does need a visa to go to Brasil, you can not use your DNI and go visa free but need to apply for a Brasil visa which will be put on your passport.

For example, if you are from Congo with a argentine DNI, with nationality on DNI as Congo..you need a visa on your Congo passport.
Example 2 :- If you are from Chile withn a Argentine DNI, with nationality on DNI as CHile, you do NOT need a visa and just travel on your DNI.

Other examples with different nationalities on your DNI

Nationality USA -- yes , need visa
Nationality Argentine - - no , do not need visa
Nationality Spain, - no do not need visa
Nationality Bangladesh - need visa

trust all clear?

Brazilian consulate in Cordoba (not snotty here) said an unequivocal "yes" for us as US Citizens. The only plus...The fee was at official exchange (at least at the time). so we received substantial discount. Can you post the info from the Brazilian Embassy? Curious how it reads now.

The answer is very simple.

If the country whose passport you hold and the nationality which is inscribed on your DNI does not need a visa to go to Brasil, you can use your DNI and go visa free

However, If the country whose passport you hold and the nationality which is inscribed on your DNI does need a visa to go to Brasil, you can not use your DNI and go visa free but need to apply for a Brasil visa which will be put on your passport.

For example, if you are from Congo with a argentine DNI, with nationality on DNI as Congo..you need a visa on your Congo passport.
Example 2 :- If you are from Chile withn a Argentine DNI, with nationality on DNI as CHile, you do NOT need a visa and just travel on your DNI.

Other examples with different nationalities on your DNI

Nationality USA -- yes , need visa
Nationality Argentine - - no , do not need visa
Nationality Spain, - no do not need visa

trust all clear?
Ceviche, good pointer! What a transformation of yourself, a couple of years ago, all i read about your posts were the complains as to WTF the upper floor neighbour giving you a hard time every time she was at the building's gym working out whilst you were pumping the irons. Now to this present, you are much calmer and much giving useful pitches!

Ceviche-san, good pointer! What a transformation of yourself, a couple of years ago, all i read about your posts were the complains as to WTF the upper floor neighbour giving you a hard time every time she was at the building's gym working out whilst you were pumping the irons. Now to this present, you are much calmer and much giving useful pitches!

Made it a point these days :-

To do 5 good deeds a day. ( contributing such posts is counting as one of the good deeds for the day)

What Ceviche said (thanks!).

Those countries that are listed here: http://www.conbrasil...otros01engl.asp their citizens all need visas regardless of their DNI status in Argentina.

EDIT (More info):

This link here (http://www.conbrasil...sas_otros01.asp) also states that you need a visa for the countries mentioned above and on top of that to apply for a visa:

"Los extranjeros residentes en Argentina deben presentar el original y una cópia del DNI (tapa roja) o la visa de residencia."

Rough translation: "Foreigners residing in Argentina have to present the original DNI or residence visa and its photocopy."

Brazilian consulate in Cordoba (not snotty here) said an unequivocal "yes" for us as US Citizens. The only plus...The fee was at official exchange (at least at the time). so we received substantial discount. Can you post the info from the Brazilian Embassy? Curious how it reads now.

Yes the benefit is if you have a dni or residence you can pay in pesos aka use blue dollar to get the visa making it when I got it 135 3 weeks ago instead of 200

Yep, after reading it for the 20th time I did see that Ceviche wrote is exactly correct. USA citizens need a visa, and a copy of their DNI.

Back