Does Any One Know Anything About This Company

Ceviche

Registered
Pardon me.

Though my spanish is medium level but with such things, I always care for a very precise answer and not what I understand 50/50

What is this company?

What do they exactly do?

Under whose legal authority?

What do they do with the information?

What kind of clients they have?

Why would someone hire them instead of approaching the person concerned directly?

http://www.dnbarg.com.ar/

Pardon me.

Though my spanish is medium level but with such things, I always care for a very precise answer and not what I understand 50/50

What is this company?

What do they exactly do?

Under whose legal authority?

What do they do with the information?

What kind of clients they have?

Why would someone hire them instead of approaching the person concerned directly?

http://www.dnbarg.com.ar/
Fortune 500 company. One of the first companies to be traded on the NYSE. Been in Argentina for more than a 100 years. I think their business in consulting.

http://en.wikipedia....un_&_Bradstreet

D&B is something like an information provider for big companies. They collect data like trade registry information, credit information, corporate hierarchies... and provide services for companies to query their database. I know few DAX companies from Germany who use them, as far as I know they are the provider for the most complete/up to date information base. Most of the stuff one could look up w/o D&B, but it would require a lot of work, so if you need company information quickly or from many countries, it's more likely cheaper/more accurate to use their service.

Do D&B have a right to just pick up the phone (call from a private number) and start firing questions?

How much tax you paid? How many employees you have etc etc?

Moreover, what kind of clients they have? Do they work for AFIP? or do they work for IRA?

what kind of company would bother to go indirectly via them and not approach a prospective client directly.

The company I worked for in NY used d&b all the time to run credit checks on prospective clients. The report gives you vital info on the company (execs, services, locations, etc) but more importantly tells you how their creditworthiness is (i.e., do they pay their bills on time). Pretty important if you're a service provider and fronting large sums of cash. Super reputable company.

To the legal question: this is most likely different in each country and most countries differentiate between if you ask a private person or a company. Clients of D&B can be anyone, you could buy their services, though its typically of no use for private persons. Whether AFIP uses these kinds of information is doubtful.
The thing is, it's not that they start information gathering as soon as on of their clients want to know something about a company, but they work through public registries and try to "index" all companies. So just because you/your company does get asked by D&B doesn't need to mean that someone is interested in any information about you.

Thanks Thorsten!

well described.

However, if they say they need information urgently, one kind of starts thinking...'Whats going on'?

Thanks Thorsten!

well described.

However, if they say they need information urgently, one kinds of starts thinking...'Whats going on'?

Many large multinational companies subscribe for D&B credit reports worldwide: If D&B does not have a credit record on file of a business they contact the company to submit a credit report requested by a client . Also they contact to upgrade existing contact reports

Also they contact to upgrade existing contact reports

My question is who has given them the right to start calling and asking information?

What if a company does not want to share information with D&B...then what do they do?

what if a company wants to keep a low profile and not care for what is listed on D&B?

D&B is huge. They are a central place for that kind of information and if a company doesn't want to give that kind of information to D&B they don't have to. They are not a government entity, no kind of judicial backings, nothing like that.

But company has many filings that are available to the public and D&B collects from there and other sources. D&B isn't espionage but is a clearinghouse for public info on companies.

Back