Does anyone have experience with police certificate legalization at the Argentine embassy?

Johngwyn

Registered
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the legalization process at the Argentine embassy?

In September, I will be moving to BA to apply for a work visa. I'm currently working on my FBI report and legalizing my Thailand police certificate.

I resided in Thailand for most of 2022 and part of 2023, so I need their endorsed police certificate. Typically, this would done an apostille, but Thailand can only do dual authentications, apostille is not an option for documents originating in Thailand, and the dual authentications involves Thai MFA and Argentine embassy.

I already have my original Thailand police certificate and endorsement from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The final step is legalization from the Argentine embassy, so it can be used in Argentina.

Currently I'm not in Thailand, so I hired a Thai public notary. She sent the certificate to the embassy on my behalf, and I authorized her to act for me with a power of attorney. The embassy responded quickly, asking me to email them explaining the purpose of the legalization, which I did. But I haven't heard anything from the embassy since. I've tried calling and emailing them to follow up, but there has been no response. My notary also tried to contact the embassy with no response.

I've read from some sources that the Argentine embassy can be very slow, and the legalization process can take anywhere from 7 to 11 business days. But it has already been two weeks. I'm really worried about this and don't know what to do next. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the legalization process at the Argentine embassy?

In September, I will be moving to BA to apply for a work visa. I'm currently working on my FBI report and legalizing my Thailand police certificate.

I resided in Thailand for most of 2022 and part of 2023, so I need their endorsed police certificate. Typically, this would done an apostille, but Thailand can only do dual authentications, apostille is not an option for documents originating in Thailand, and the dual authentications involves Thai MFA and Argentine embassy.

I already have my original Thailand police certificate and endorsement from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The final step is legalization from the Argentine embassy, so it can be used in Argentina.

Currently I'm not in Thailand, so I hired a Thai public notary. She sent the certificate to the embassy on my behalf, and I authorized her to act for me with a power of attorney. The embassy responded quickly, asking me to email them explaining the purpose of the legalization, which I did. But I haven't heard anything from the embassy since. I've tried calling and emailing them to follow up, but there has been no response. My notary also tried to contact the embassy with no response.

I've read from some sources that the Argentine embassy can be very slow, and the legalization process can take anywhere from 7 to 11 business days. But it has already been two weeks. I'm really worried about this and don't know what to do next. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice would be appreciated.
I had to do the same thing last year but it didn't take that long. If I remember correctly, it took me less than a week for the documents to be legalized. But when you call them at the embassy, sometimes you have to try a few times till they pick up. Also, they have a lot of holidays (around 30 days/year so make sure you don't call them during their holidays.) I still have their email contact, DM me if you need it.

I had to do the same thing last year but it didn't take that long. If I remember correctly, it took me less than a week for the documents to be legalized. But when you call them at the embassy, sometimes you have to try a few times till they pick up. Also, they have a lot of holidays (around 30 days/year so make sure you don't call them during their holidays.) I still have their email contact, DM me if you need it.
Thanks a lot, much appreciated. It's a bit strange for them to take so long. When you did it, did they ask you to send an email to reconfirm the purpose of legalization? It seems like my best bet is to press my notary agent to go to the embassy in person to find out. Also my lawyer in Argentina has no clue about this. As for the email, I've been contacting the consular section, which was provided by my notary agent, not sure if this is the one you've used for contact?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated. It's a bit strange for them to take so long. When you did it, did they ask you to send an email to reconfirm the purpose of legalization? It seems like my best bet is to press my notary agent to go to the embassy in person to find out. Also my lawyer in Argentina has no clue about this. As for the email, I've been contacting the consular section, which was provided by my notary agent, not sure if this is the one you've used for contact?
It's a bit complicated, country specific and long so check your DM.

Back