Does Anyone Need Pesos?

agape4argentina

Registered
Getting ready to sell my car and will have appx. 170.000 ARS. Looking to take USD back with me. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this happen please respond.

Check the rates each day, advertise here everyday at a better rate, and people will come to you.
Nancy

Easiest is to buy them at a cueva. I don't think most expats are going to want to do that large an exchange.

There are, properly speaking, 2 distinct transactions here. One is the pesos > dollars exchange, one is the transfer - of the dollars you've purchased - from here elsewhere.

It may be to your advantage to do both with one person, but it might not.

I know someone who offers a good rate and would transfer the money out for 1-2%. PM for details.

There are, properly speaking, 2 distinct transactions here. One is the pesos > dollars exchange, one is the transfer - of the dollars you've purchased - from here elsewhere.

170,000 in pesos is less than US $20k, so two people can legally bring that across borders without declaring it (as long as each has under US$10k).

170,000 in pesos is less than US $20k, so two people can legally bring that across borders without declaring it (as long as each has under US$10k).

If they're traveling separately, yes.
If they're traveling as a group, for the US they can only bring 10K per group, not sure regarding Argentina.

If they're traveling separately, yes.
If they're traveling as a group, for the US they can only bring 10K per group, not sure regarding Argentina.

You're right, this is an important distinction. Here it is directly from the US customs website:
https://help.cbp.gov...to-or-leave-the

"Please be aware, if persons/family members traveling together have $10,000 or more, they cannot divide the currency between each other to avoid declaring the currency."

So the question is, how do they define "group"?

You're right, this is an important distinction. Here it is directly from the US customs website:
https://help.cbp.gov...to-or-leave-the

"Please be aware, if persons/family members traveling together have $10,000 or more, they cannot divide the currency between each other to avoid declaring the currency."

So the question is, how do they define "group"?
Based on the recent Supreme Court decision this would apply to married gay couples but not to persons living in sin.

But the OP didn't actually say he was from Yanquilandia, did he?

Back