Does Anyone Recommend Buying Printer?

MonicaJY

Registered
Hello All.

I am here to research for my thesis. I have plan to live in Buenos Aires for 10 months more.
Because of my situation, I need to print much time (for interview request letter, questionnaire, reading article and teaching language) I think, buying printer is more cheaper than using printing shop to me.

Could you recommend good model and shop for me? I prefer black and white / laser printer. law price is important too.

thank you!

I think it would be actually cheaper to keep printing in a print shop. Electronics are extremely expensive and low quality here. Of course it is much practical to have your own printer at home, however it is quite an investment if you plan to stay just 10 months.

We have a small-office laser printer at home but if we have to print more than 30 pages, we go to a print shop.

thank you for your reply.
I paid 2 peso per page near of my house. Is this right price?

I think it would be actually cheaper to keep printing in a print shop. Electronics are extremely expensive and low quality here. Of course it is much practical to have your own printer at home, however it is quite an investment if you plan to stay just 10 months.

We have a small-office laser printer at home but if we have to print more than 30 pages, we go to a print shop.

i have a printer I'm very happy with, it's the HP LaserJet 1102w. It cost me like 1100 pesos (in 6 cuotas, of course) in March 2014, no idea what it'd cost now.
Fairly decent quality, prints over wifi, supports AirPrint, the works.
I bought a pack of 2 toner cartridges (1600 pages each) on Amazon for $100 and brought it here. Over here it cost around double that.

EDIT: Holy crap, just checked online and this printer now costs 3000 pesos. Nice.

In purely financial terms, print shop is very likely the same or cheaper.
The point of owning a printer is much less about cost-savings than about practicality, as Serafina said: if you want to print at 10 pm, on Sunday, whatever, whenever, without having to run to the store.

Go with your pendrive to the print place and you will save money...!!! :rolleyes:

$3000/300 days x$2 = 5 copies a day for 300 days at $2 Plus toner??

I bought the same laser printer here back in 2013when I was running a business which needed lots of printed materials. The convenience of being in control of when I could have what I needed was a game changer. The machine is still going strong. I bought replacement cartridges on trips to the US to have for when....if you can afford it, get it.

Back