Does Argentina has such thing as eBay to sell electronics items

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
Hi Gangs,

I have posted my _not needed anymore personal gadgets such as:
iphones,Digi-Cameras,Hard drive HD CamCorders etc, for sale when
bringing with me, when I travel to BsAs this Summer.
However, Iam now thinking to offer those items for sale via ebay Argentina
if such site exist? Or, please advise as to how possible to peddle my for sale items from USA to BsAs.

P.S. How can I post to Mercado Libre? How secure and freliable is this site?

www.mercadolibre.com.ar is owned by ebay.

Thee have been several recent threads in the forum about ML and how to use it.

Just click on the word "search" above and enter mercadolibre.

steveinbsas said:
www.mercadolibre.com.ar is owned by ebay.

Thee have been several recent threads in the forum about ML and how to use it.

Just click on the word "search" above and enter mercadolibre.

Hello steveinbsas, I have created an account in Argentina ML..
However, when I clicked in "Vender" means for sale right?
The DNI asking, I don't have An Argie DNI! How to do about going
DNI circumvention..? NEED HELP in here _por favor_

Ml works fine, find a friend with a dni and open an account. Sell in cash only (no bank deposits, etc)
program your meetings in a bar/ rstaurant, etc for safety.

Hybrid Ambassador said:
Hello steveinbsas, I have created an account in Argentina ML..
However, when I clicked in "Vender" means for sale right?
The DNI asking, I don't have An Argie DNI! How to do about going
DNI circumvention..? NEED HELP in here _por favor_

You can try to use your passport number instead of a DNI.

If you level of Spanish is not vey high I suggset you advertise your items for sale in English on Buenos Aires craigslist and forget about mercadolibre. On craigslist you will be able to communicate with potential buyers in English. It's better for both buyer and seller to understand everything, espeically terms of payment and when and where to meet.

HenryNisental said:
Ml works fine, find a friend with a dni and open an account. Sell in cash only (no bank deposits, etc)
program your meetings in a bar/ rstaurant, etc for safety.

Hi Mr, HenryNisental.. I'm trying to avoid meetings, another word, would like to sell my electronics belonging in a place such as eBay, Before me arriving to BsAs. Sold my last 1st iphone advertising in USA eBay. I would like to know if I can sell them over in Cyber Market? Is such market and method exist in Argies?

steveinbsas said:
You can try to use your passport number instead of a DNI.

If you level of Spanish is not vey high I suggset you advertise your items for sale in English on Buenos Aires craigslist and forget about mercadolibre. On craigslist you will be able to communicate with potential buyers in English. It's better for both buyer and seller to understand everything, espeically terms of payment and when and where to meet.

Good pointer steveinbsas, Appreciate your advise indeed. I'm very familiar with CraigList here in the USA and still have an account with the site. Sold my last few Trucks and cars there.
Question is, can I get paid 1st and ship the goods to the purchasing parties?
In eBay everything is sort of guaranteed, legit sale items and buyer good on the payment.

Hybrid Ambassador said:
Good pointer steveinbsas, Appreciate your advise indeed. I'm very familiar with CraigList here in the USA and still have an account with the site. Sold my last few Trucks and cars there.
Question is, can I get paid 1st and ship the goods to the purchasing parties?
In eBay everything is sort of guaranteed, legit sale items and buyer good on the payment.

Unless you've already got an excellent seller reputation on mercadolibre, very few buyers will be willing to pay first and then have items shipped. And given all the restrictions on imports in Argentina, especially on electronics, I doubt you'll get much interest at all for fear of having items stuck in customs for an indefinite period of time/ridiculous taxes.

Besides, why bother with shipping if you're coming here anyway?

I think the OP meant shipping the good from here in Argentina, so as to avoid meeting the buyer face to face.

Unless you have a good reputation/selling history on mercadolibre, I don't think people are going to risk paying you and having you ship the goods to them. And you would need to be relatively fluent in Spanish to coordinate with the buyers.

Why deal with the hassle? Sell them before coming down. And while customs is usually pretty lenient with tourists, I think you might find that bringing a suitcase of electronic goods with multiples of each will raise some red flags and you might get hit with some import taxes since bringing things into Argentina to sell is a no-no.

(And yes, I travel all the time with multiple phones, laptops, etc for work/personal use. But that's different from bringing in a lot of camcorders, digital cams, iphones, etc as the OP originally alluded to)

Back