Does China own 10% of Argentina?

austin

Registered
I heard this recently -- China owns 10% of Argentina's land. Is this true?

Chinese citizens own about a quarter of my block, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Don't think so. If I remember rightly reading about Christina's new bill to limit foreign ownership to 30% of a given area, the current foreign ownership only amounts to about 5% in total.

Foreign ownership of land? Apparently the Chinese are buying land around the world as they desperately need it for agricultural purposes. I'd like to know to what extent this is true in Argentina.

Argentina its not a little peace of s...t as country for to be saling his own to the chineses, and less the 10%!!. You know, it could happen to countrys like Bolivia, Peru, mexico, etc. I think that you've been confused. Dont whorried, it happens..

Fedec, I did not say anything was wrong. I asked if this is an accurate figure. Does anyone have statistics on foreign ownership of land. Just curious.

The Argentine authorities estimate some seven million hectares of land are in foreign hands, but the National General Auditing Office puts the level of foreign ownership at 17 million hectares, equivalent to 10 percent of the national territory, and over half the planted area.

http://farmlandgrab.org/post/view/18586

Any data on who owns the land? Are there statistics breaking it down by nationality?

Back