Does Western Union Require a Current Visa?

NeoWonk

Registered
When I was here for the last Dolar Blu period about five years ago, I went down to the More Money office on Libertad and they gave my passport a long gander and my money but threatened not to process any future transfers because my tourist visa had expired.

Anyone know if Western Union requires a up-to-date (non-expired) visa?

BTW when I went to Western Union on Monday the lady called a number whilst looking at my passport - that was something new. My visa has NOT expired yet...

I recently did a transfer, and they did not look for stamps in my passport.

I've never used Western Union, but need to do it now. Two questions:
-- Is there a location open near Palermo?
-- Is a dollar transfer paid out in pesos? If so, at what rate?

Any help will be much appreciated.

When I went to pick up cash they just took a look at the passport number and name, they didn't check the other pages.

@on the brink

In Palermo, WU is on Armenia, between Guatamala and Paraguay streets. Near the disco on Paraguay and Armenia for reference. It's a big WU (not a small WU like is in some of the groceries and small kiosks around).

Yes the transfer of dollars is paid in Pesos-- current rate on WU site shows about 107
You can also have them put the transfer (part or all) on Mercado Pago credit if you have an account. Or you can pay a Pago Facil bill with it if you ordered something, so that's kind of cool. Also comes in handy if they don't have enough pesos when you go, which some people have reported.

There was a thing for a while where you could only go on days that match your passport or DNI number, but I don't see them checking that anymore. But if you want to be sure, here's the info: http://www.localespagofacil.com/

Having trouble logging into W.U. USA all day , reads" temporary error try later "? comments?

Also the rate on a transfer was $ 147 pesos per dollar , however the fee on small dollar amounts when extracting from a CC is pretty steep...?

Having trouble logging into W.U. USA all day , reads" temporary error try later "? comments?

Also the rate on a transfer was $ 147 pesos per dollar , however the fee on small dollar amounts when extracting from a CC is pretty steep...?
Rich one, travel to USA and get some USD.

Just logged in without problems.

I've picked up cash from a number of WU sites around BA and they've never looked past the main page of my passport.

On another note WU seems to be screwing over US users in fees, transfering 1000 Euros from France (credit/debit card) for cash pick ups in BA costs 3.90 Euros, I was shocked by the fees on the US site.

Back