Dog Sitter Or Quality Kennel?

Icabod

Registered
Hello. I have a large, well-behaved, adult, female dog and we travel a bit. We need another option for boarding her and we will not put her in your average kennel where she will be crated for most of the day and night.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a service/person/etc? Thanks.

Some weeks back I received a flyer about a network of families that take care of animals in their own homes - I kept it in case I ever need it myself. I don't know any more about them than what is on the flyer, so this is not a personal recommendation. But you could investigate for yourself.

No website was given, but the Facebook page Olivia Andrealli was given, and the hotmail address is the same name (no spaces, no .ar). Also a cel 15-5842-6627.

They require evidence of vaccinations, etc. They also note that you can check/talk to your dog or cat over skype when you are away.

They also look after fish, birds and plants - presumably in your casa.

Hope this is helpful, and that if you investigate further you share what you find with the rest of the pet people on here.

La Fleur

I'm new to BsAs and don't have a recommendation for a kennel per say; however, we will be traveling throughout South America as well and will also need someone to watch our 2 mini dachshunds. Depending on how long you go away for and when, I may be open to dog sitting! When we do our first trip I will probably take to the boards here to see who is open to earning some extra pesos because we aren't fans of kenneling either.

If you're open to a fellow (and responsible) dog lover looking after her, message me and let me know :D

http://www.las-lunas.com.ar/
This place was a bit expensive, but amazing. Full service. They even pick up and drop off.

Wow, that is pricey. Maybe the dog could take a bed in a hostel dorm in San Telmo instead...

From what I've seen here on the forums, there are a lot of animal lovers in the expat community, often willing to help each other out. Hopefully someone will be able to recommend a suitable (ie, not the 10-muzzled-dogs-on-one-leash type) sitter.

If I were in town right now, I would certainly consider dog-sitting.

I am interested in dog sitting! I grew up with Rottweilers my whole life and love dogs. I could pass by, walk and feed the dog everyday but can't have him at our house as we already have a dog and cat! Depending on where u live I could go twice a day to walk your dog and keep him/her some company!

Try these people . I highly recommend them . They have excellent hygiene standards and keep the dog as part of the family ,go for walks etc. I left my dog with them some time back and she was miffed when she had to come back !.

http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Hospetdaje/231128663579715

If your dog would like to to be outside all day with other dogs, this place is great an inexpensive. Each dog also has its own personal kennel/sleeping spot as well. Super sweet people. They'll transport your dog to and from and they do regular facebook postings with pictures so you can see the dog throughout the duration. I also know of a couple of people who care for dogs in their homes (although it's a bit more $). Let me know if you need more referrals for that.

Heber & Vera
Dogs on Holidays
T: + 11 15 60526582
M: [email protected]
Facebook: Dogs on Holidays

www.dogsonholidays.com.ar

Back