Doggy Ransom

Cecil Fox Palmer

Registered
I was recently speaking with a colleague who told me that last year, her toy poodle was kidnapped from her backyard and held for 1000p ransom. The owner obliged as she did not want her pet harmed.

The concept of stealing dogs is not foreign to me (I read Call of the Wild, of course), but I had never met anyone who had had their pet held for ransom. Just how common is pet ransom in Buenos Aires anyways? Does anyone have any anecdotes/wise advice on the matter?

I was recently speaking with a colleague who told me that last year, her toy poodle was kidnapped from her backyard and held for 1000p ransom. The owner obliged as she did not want her pet harmed.

The concept of stealing dogs is not foreign to me (I read Call of the Wild, of course), but I had never met anyone who had had their pet held for ransom. Just how common is pet ransom in Buenos Aires anyways? Does anyone have any anecdotes/wise advice on the matter?
In the last month, I've seen a movie and a TV series that involved dog kidnappers. Cristopher Walken played a dog kidnapper in Seven Psychopaths. And the series Bored to Death had an episode involving a dog kidnapper.

The way it worked in both cases is that the kidnapper would steal a bunch of dogs from a neighborhood and then wait for the missing posters to turn up. Then they would call the number and say: "I found your dog!"

Maybe I'm watching too much TV :(

hqdefault.jpg

I don't know about dogs being ransomed, but last week a friend of my sons had her French Bulldog stolen from outside a Starbucks while she went in to get a coffe to go--in Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Have a killer dog as yr pet, no one will dare to mess with him.

Now if you have those 1 kg or 2.2 pounds white colored lab manufactured dogs..they are so easy to capture or kidnap. you dont even need any real skills to pick them up!

Does anyone here know if killing a dog is illegal here? especially someone's pet?

Dr Rubiliar?

Back