Dollar Blue $10.56 Below Dollar C. Card And Ahorro Dollar

I read the article & learn that the banks were loading themselves in Blue dollars, right?

Ante todo, la caída del blue se acentuó a partir de la normativa del Banco Central, que limitó la tenencia de divisas en poder de los bancos. Una jugada del organismo presidido por Juan Carlos Fábrega estableció desde principios de febrero un cronograma para que los bancos puedan readecuar sus posiciones en moneda extranjera. A través del comunicado A 5536,se estableció que pueden tener un máximo del 30% de su patrimonio en dólares y un 10% de futuros.

The good thing with banks, is that they can play with the country's financial situation (and the taxpayers) and if they get broke, the taxpayers will rescue them!
Anyway, the dollar Blue will go up again at some point.

Dollar Blue today at $10,55 is below the dollar CC? at $10,75 If you travel abroad buy Dollars in cuevas instead of using Arg CC abroad?
IF you want to save dollars buy in the cueva cheaper than at the bank at $10,75?

http://www.infobae.c...l-dolar-tarjeta

Some members and guests from the US may not understand..

If they use a US credit card in Argentina, is the conversion rate (as of today) $10.75 to one?

If they use a US credit card in Argentina, is the conversion rate (as of today) $10.75 to one?
Is that a question? It might be hard to answer depending on the bank.

Is that a question? It might be hard to answer depending on the bank.

I'll restate the question:

If someone from the USA uses a credit card in Argentina, do they get an exchange rate which is 20% more (in favor of the buyer) than the official (daily) exchange rate of the Banco Nacion?

Or is this just a myth?

In other words, what is the the meaning of the words "Dollar C. Card" that appear in the title of this thread?

If someone from the USA uses a credit card in Argentina, do they get an exchange rate which is 20% more (in favor of the buyer) than the official (daily) exchange rate of the Banco Nacion?

Or is this just a myth?

In other words, what is the the meaning of the words "dollar c-card" that appear in the title of this thread?

I if you use a USA CC in Argentina, for a regular purchase in pesos the official conversion rate is $8 pesos per dollar, no particular benefit

Dollar tarjeta: If a person that holds a CC issued by an Argentine bank in pesos, uses this card abroad the conversion rate to pesos is the official rate of $8 pesos plus a 35% surcharge reaching to $10,75 aprox. Dollar Tarjeta

The government has now dollars because is the harvest time. I expect dollar blue will continue going up with inflation.

If you use a US credit card your rate is 1 usd= 1 usd as you cannot pay a US issued credit card with pesos!

Or is this just a myth?

In other words, what is the the meaning of the words "Dollar C. Card" that appear in the title of this thread?
The meaning is for Arg issued credit cards. You cannot pay a US credit card with pesos!

Tonight, in Bariloche, I paid for my dinner with a 50-dollar bill at the rate of 12 per dollar (Nebbiolo, an excellent new Italian place at Palacios 156). That was for consumo only, but I got most of the money back in change.

Back