Dollar Blue $6,91 ...!! Historical Max. Future Trend Upwards

Rich One

Registered
Clarin reports today that the Dollar Blue traded at $6,91 levels in the City...!!
Those who predicted that the trend was downwards were not correct. B) .

Seven pesos value will happen by next week (my cristal ball), due to intense buying by travelers not willing to have the AFIP keep track of their CC spending Abroad...!! and/or not qualyfying to purchase dollars at the official rate.

El dólar “blue” tocó su máximo histórico: se vendió a $ 6,91

http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/dolar-toco-maximo-historico-vendio_0_840515996.html

I wonder for how much longer the government will be able to sustain the madness. You can't have your cake and eat it too. She is printing like crazy, but don't want inflation. Something has got to give.....

I wonder for how much longer the government will be able to sustain the madness. You can't have your cake and eat it too. She is printing like crazy, but don't want inflation. Something has got to give.....
It is crazy for sure. Printing presses are in overdrive: http://www.cronista.com/finanzasmercados/Pesos-para-todos-en-2012-imprimieron-mas-de-mil-billetes-de-100-por-minuto-20130103-0028.html

Well I agree that holiday season is driving the demand, the blue rate has steadily increased and I don't see any signs of it reversing that trend unless the gov't lifts the restrictions on buying. But since all signs seems to point to the opposite conclusion as the gov't continues to impose more and more restrictions, I think you will see the blue dollar continue to rise over time (with occasional dips of course).

This high blue rate is a result of the holiday season, it will fall back to the normal blue rate by March. We saw this last summer and to to a certain extent in July during the winter holiday season.

Have to agree with you if we define what Normal is :D last year Normal was $5,50....???

With inflation of 30-35%, there is no way the exchange rate will ever trend downwards in the long term.

Yes, I heard on the radio yesterday that economists* are predicting at least 30% inflation again this year.

*All economists except those that work an Indec ;)

Back