Dollar Blue Will Drop Like Stone

Raymond

Registered
I have a good friend who is connected to people in the know and he tells me that the dollar blue will be less than 7 pesos by the end of July 2013 . It looks like he is telling me the truth as two weeks it was over 10 pesos and now it is 8.50 pesos . Shall I sell now before its too late ?

I have a good friend who is connected to people in the know and he tells me that the dollar blue will be less than 7 pesos by the end of July 2013 . It looks like he is telling me the truth as two weeks it was over 10 pesos and now it is 8.50 pesos . Shall I sell now before its too late ?
Yes

I think it might hit 7.5 but doubt it will go lower. thats my guess at least

How is your friend connected to "people in the know"? He can you be sure his source of information is accurate?

Currency speculation is always risky, but you should not underestimate this government's ability to screw things up.

This thread is going to contain nothing but speculation and degrade into political arguments. No one, or only a couple people knows for sure where the xe rate is headed short-term and they wouldn't tell anyone or it would eat into their profits from trading. Long term predictions aren't very accurate.

However, remember that the gov't has incentive to make people believe that the blue will go down, because if you believe it will go down you will exchange your dollars creating more supply and downward pressure on the exchange rate. While people that want to see this economy crash will make wild predictions of 20-1 trying to create the same effect but in the opposite direction. Lots of times people's expectations create a self fulling prophecy in the market. Karl Popper called this the Oedipus effect.

The Blue rate is based on demand. Right now it is weak because of pressure on it , because of several factors. One , the harvests are coming in , providing dollars to growers. Two , people are not exchanging now , as most feel it will go back up. Three the major currency trading houses are still on a sort of freeze. Four the Central Bank and Anse , as well as large companies that deal in dollars are dumping them as fast as they can. All this has driven the price down.

But are there not July vacations coming up ? Mid year bonuses ? End of harvest ? Oh , and those elections......

As the K's want you to believe , it is NOT those cedin bonds.......

Listen: The "Blue" is nowhere close to 8 at the moment!
This is a fictive Moreno forced rate! You cant buy dollars nowhere at the moment, only sell!
Even the one person I deal with normally, would not sell me any dollars, (I asked him just for fun)
The actually real "Blue" is way over 10, closer to 15!
Its an offer/demand game....if you only have sellers , of course the rate goes down!

Back