Dollar Bolsa The Most Popular Way to Get Unlimited Amounts of Dollars

How great would you say is the danger to a foreigner who has the cuevas deliver the cash to his residence?

Less than if you visit the cueva , risky nevertheless , if "they" know you hold large amounts of cash at home.
Visiting a Cueva has 2 dangerous moments firstly, when you are inside the Cueva, there may be a hold up and you are shot by accident (like happened to an American Tourist near Florida some years ago). Secondly, on your way home the Motochorros may follow you and do a hit and run..!
Other than that nothing to worry. IMO

Third option: get delivery at a place that's not you home.
Shopping mall, Starbucks, etc. Any business that can be done over a latte really should be done over a latte, no?

Third option: get delivery at a place that's not you home.
Shopping mall, Starbucks, etc. Any business that can be done over a latte really should be done over a latte, no?

Same difference after the Latte you are followed and pushed to the ground and relieved of your Funds. Some people are followed for miles then at a traffic light BAM, Motochorros in action .
A lady I knew received dollars from a Real Estate transaction, then drove away with a driver. Twenty blocks later at a traffic light surrounded by motochorros with automatic guns, surrendered the case with the bounty..!

View attachment 6523
Let's cut the crap for a minute and act like adults.

The cueva is just another very, very argentinian way of doing business. Shady? Sure.
Also, most likely run with the knowledge and rented approval of the closest Comisario and more.

Know thy Cuevas and it will be business as usual.

Iz

Went to my Cueva a few weeks ago and the Policia Federal was inside, I thought shit that's It...? Nothing happened Business as usual.

Same difference after the Latte you are followed and pushed to the ground and relieved of your Funds. Some people are followed for miles then at a traffic light BAM, Motochorros in action .
Agree & accept nothing is without risk in this country (or any other though more so here than many.) I’d still much rather be accosted after my morning latte than before it.

In that spirit, I recommend Bixi in downtown Salta. Poor latte but workable and great presentation when you order con arte. One block away from the cambio corner.

Back