Dollar sniffing dogs waiting for you on the way out.

i don't even understand how that would work? is the limit still $10,000 usd undeclared? i assume if this is real (surely the dogs are sniffing everyone?????) do you have to now prove origin of funds below 10,000 usd at the border?

fyi, i'm putting doggy treats in those ahead and behind me in line just in case.

I was wondering the same as Canick. My roommate is getting ready to salio el pais with a fair amount of HIS US Dollars, but well under the legal "US$10K before you have to declare" limit.

But then again, he's not going via the Uruguayan, Bolivian, or Paraguayan borders. (What about Brazil & Chile?)

This is just downright bizarre.

10,000 is still the limit

the big question is do they just sniff the bags or do they get a sniff at the people?

will they like the smell of my neighbors doG who has just peed on my new Nike ttrainers??

I flew out of EZE on friday evening, and there was not a dog in sight.
maybe they get evenings off, but I kinda doubt it.

crossing over the border at Blaine, however, after flying into YVR, doggies did indeed sniff my bags- but they seemed much more interested in the snacks other travelers had in their bags.

how is it ilegal to take money OUT of a country? Some it;s like Argentine customs stop a package when it leaves the country, which they do and they are such idiots here!

Well, I want to know how these puppies will be able to tell that you carry 400 bucks or 40k... does it smell stronger??? ;)

Back