Dollars From Atms?

mfredr1

Registered
Hi, I'm quite new to living in the Argentine economy.

I've tried to withdraw US dollars from several atms without any luck. Does one need to have US dollars on his/hers account to withdraw dollars from atms?

Mfredr1

I think you only can get pesos. Its all right if you just want to live here, you can perfectly live with pesos only. If you want dollars you may have to go to Uruguay, where argentine peso dont have any value, but you have uruguayan pesos there.

Indeed, the option to withdraw dollars appears in ATMs. If your account is abroad, then forget it.

Your best bet is to go to Colonia (Uruguay) and withdraw USDs there.

No. How could that be?

argentinian peso is valuable here in argentina, outside, uruguay, brazil, chile, etc, they take the dollar blue to calculate how its worth the peso, plus are more expensive countries. the argentine peso does not have value outside argentina. but you can perfectly live with pesos here :)

Hi, I'm quite new to living in the Argentine economy.

I've tried to withdraw US dollars from several atms without any luck. Does one need to have US dollars on his/hers account to withdraw dollars from atms?

Mfredr1

If you're from the states and you've got a US account in dollars and you're going to be needing pesos, you should set up an account with xoom.com now (and/or -- as already suggested -- look into going over to Uruguay to get dollars to sell back here).

It's a little daunting to search the forums here, but this a very common question that's been answered many times (and sometimes the answer changes).

argentinian peso is valuable here in argentina, outside, uruguay, brazil, chile, etc, they take the dollar blue to calculate how its worth the peso, plus are more expensives countries. the argentine peso does not have value outside argentina. but you can perfectly live with pesos here :)

How unfortunate for the "free" citizens of the Argentine Republic.

Back