Domestic employee rates

NaVette

Registered
Hi.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the going rate is for a Spanish only and English speaking nanny/babysitter per hour?

Also, I have a maid who has been with us for over 3 years and keeps the place impeccable, whether we are here or not. She has had raises, but not sure if it is enough.

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

For the maid, the rate goes between ARS $10 to ARS $15, and the bus/train tickets are paid.

I pay our babysitter 25 pesos per hour but she is a trained daycare teacher (senior). Our cleaner earns 12 per hour plus viaticos, aguinaldo, holidays and social security..ie if you employ a cleaner only a few hours you must pay more but the more hours you employ a person the less you pay per hour but you do need to factor in the expenses of a full salary to make it fair and worthwhile..

i pay my domestic employee (whom i like a lot) 15 pesos/hour plus bus fares and i give her lunch (empanadas, whatever). she is happy and so am i.

We pay $10 pesos/hour but I know some Argentines pay less. I know that we'll probably have to start paying more soon with the crazy inflation rate here.

Back