Domestic Flights For Foreigners

haascava

Registered
Hello! I'm visiting Buenos Aires in May, and I'm looking at flights from Bs As to Bariloche and I was wondering how to tell if the fare I'm looking at it is for residents only? I understand there are different rates for residents vs. foreigners, and I just want to make sure that the flights that are displayed when I search from here in the states are flights I could actually take?

I found a roundtrip flight on CheapoAir via LAN for $196 USD. But the same flight on the LATAM Airlines site is $416.

I'm not trying to purchase a resident fare, and I would hate to purchase a flight I can't actually board!

Thanks for the help!

For almost all intents and purposes, the deal with resident-only fares is a thing of the past.

There still are different fares depending on whether the ticket is issued here or abroad, and when shopping on LATAM's English-language site you get quoted the 'foreign' fare. But the 'local', cheap fare is in virtually all cases good for foreigners as well.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you can always check with a local agent (disclaimer: I'm one).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know, Ben! So, if I see a good fare on Cheap-O or Expedia, for example, its safe to assume it isn't restricted to residents only?

99.9% of time, yes. And if price is quoted in USD, you can tack on a couple 9's more.

Thanks so much for the help, that definitely makes me feel a lot better!

Thanks, I did book the flight! This trip to Buenos Aires / Bariloche is my first time traveling alone, I hope to join you guys at one of the coffee chats!

Back