Domestic Help - En Blanco? En Negro? help

Spfly731

Registered
I was contemplating hiring some help for around the house. Can someone please explain the latest legal requirements on this subject. It seems like the young lady I want to hire wants to be "en negro", not sure why. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

I pay mine en blanco. It costs $ 205,64 per month to AFIP and gives you the security that if she has any accident at work she is covered by the ART. It also means that a few months down the line she will not make a claim against you for not paying her 'aportes'.

I was contemplating hiring some help for around the house. Can someone please explain the latest legal requirements on this subject. It seems like the young lady I want to hire wants to be "en negro", not sure why. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

having worked in negro i know that it is cheaper for you and more profitable for the employee but just like Northener said, there are risks associated with this decision, in the worst case scenario an employee working en negro can make unfounded claims against you and you could find yourself in court with more fees than what it cost you to maintain the house. If i was you and i could easily afford a cleaning lady, i would then hire her en blanco for the peace of mind.

Just to be on the safe side, hire all domestic employees en blanco. They know the law and they will take advantage of it, if they are in negro. And Yes, the employee is always right.

depends on how much you use her..

if you use her - say 2 times a month for 4 hours each..

just pay in negro.

not to save money but to save hassles. Most part time domestic employees - similar to this work schedule - just leave work after 2/3 months anyway..

If they are paid in black, they normally charge a higher fee.

for a couple of dollars, why not take the moral high-road and be legal....unfortunately, paying less than you owe and skirting your obligations is becoming viewed as ''the American Way''........it used to be that people of means scorned the less fortunate for this practice.....now they have reversed it.

Back