Donating old non-functioning PCs and Laptops

pmacay

Registered
I have 4 desktop PCs and 2 laptops, none of them work. Is there any repair shops that would take them for parts? I don't want any money for them, I was going to donate them to a school, but none of them work and I don't suppose a school would want non-working computers. I think 2 of the desktops have a lot of memory because I always maxed out my computer's memory when I bought them.
I know I can just leave them by the dumpster and someone will take them, but if anyone has a better idea for a place that could really use them, that would be great! I'm in Recoleta and don't have a car!
Cheers! Pete

Maybe there is a technical school teaching computer repair that would gladly accept your used computers.

I found this one sponsored by CABA

PC Repair (Level I)​

Dictation day and times: Saturday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Duration: 2 months.
Frequency: 1 time a week.
Available places: 10 people.
Minimum/maximum age required: 16 years and older.
----------------------

Thanks, that sounds perfect! I'll check them out!

A friend told me about Punto Verde, an organization that accepts electronics and other things to recycle. They have a booth at the traveling "ferias de la ciudad" that go around the city selling produce and household items, I live by Plaza Vicente Lopez and the feria is here on Thursdays. They took 3 old laptops and 4 desktops and 2 old tablets I had. https://buenosaires.gob.ar/puntos-verdes

Attachments

• f72fe4e1-cf48-4329-904a-833fcd80fbae_0.jpg
    f72fe4e1-cf48-4329-904a-833fcd80fbae_0.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0
A friend told me about Punto Verde, an organization that accepts electronics and other things to recycle. They have a booth at the traveling "ferias de la ciudad" that go around the city selling produce and household items, I live by Plaza Vicente Lopez and the feria is here on Thursdays. They took 3 old laptops and 4 desktops and 2 old tablets I had. https://buenosaires.gob.ar/puntos-verdes
Puntos verdes are the recycling points of Gobierno de la Ciudad. You can leave there anything that you don't want, even cooking oil, batteries, old electronics, etc. Just check their working hours first.

Back