Dr Pepper,mountain Dew, Thai Coconut Milk And Swiss Maid

Aleina Dee

Registered
No,no, that is not my dinner menu but all the products I saw today in a new store in Barrio chino. Yes indeed ,in an economic crisis we have a new store. It is called Tina & Co on Mendoza. Basically when you come from teh direction of the train station turn right and it is almost immediately on your right. Not for the faint hearted though- Here are some prices that i remember

DR Pepper 57 pesos a 330 ml can
Mountain Dew 31 pesos 250ml can
Thai coconut milk between 25 and 45 for a can
Swiss Maid 11 or 17 pesos for a sachet...no I don´t mean a boxI do mean sachet...

If you are feeling rich and/or deprived....

They do have an enormous selection of lesser known stuff that is produced here though , for example a local Limburger cheese at 100 pesos a kilo .In other words woirth a visit

DR PEPPER?! (yes, that is me screaming)

If you are screwing around and posting fake stuff I'll come find you! ( :) )

Dr Pepper... it was there today and it will be next year ,Chinese New year that is which is tomorrow. After that all bets are off. Now that I have put blood in the water there will be a queue of expats at their door I would imagine. It is the only place that has it. knowing what a special place it has in the heart of many I looked in the other supermarkets and they do not have it .So say xin nian hao and get down there.

Yes, it is the truth! I was there over the weekend and ran down the isle when I saw those shiny Maroon cans. After much debate I did buy one. Yes, that price is an ouch! But I have to tell you I was dissapointed. It's not the same Dr. Pepper that comes out of Texas. Didn't taste the same, at all. After examining the can closer it looks like it came out of China. Sorry for the bad news guys.

If we club together and buy all the Dr Pepper we could buy all the rotten stuff then sell it on to GS. We'd had have him stealing on the streets to fund his fix while we made hay in the sun.

If we club together and buy all the Dr Pepper we could buy all the rotten stuff then sell it on to GS. We'd had have him stealing on the streets to fund his fix while we made hay in the sun.

Get some Irn-Bru and you'll have the scottish at your beck and call too! :lol:

Starts with irn bru, next thing you know you're free-basing haggis and injecting 70 shilling.

Joking aside, now that the weather is turning I'd do bad things for a decent Guinness.

I went to a dining spot last week and saw Guinness on the menu. When I ordered one, the waitress said they we're out and offered me Corona instead. I haven't slapped anybody that hard in ages.

Of all the stupid old wives tales (the tales are stupid, not the old wives!) about Guinness the only one that is worth listening too is whether anyone else in the bar is drinking it! If yes, proceed. If no, avoid. Needs clean lines and regular use of the delivery system.

In short, she probably did you a favour! Unless it was the foreign export bottled stuff, in which case she definitely did you a favour!

Back