Dress code at law firms, banks, other professional service firms in BA?

Fiscal

Registered
Is it very formal -- suits? Or business casual (slacks, button down shirt, dress shoes)?

I do not know about the formal dress code in Argentina. It just reminds me of my Argentinian girlfriend not understanding that in informal settings I am wearing leather shoes instead of sneakers.

In my personal experience, it depends on the office. I have sat with professionals in suits, and those in business casual. In banking, it would appear that the seniority dictates the attire - the higher up the ladder, the more formal.

What is the purpose of the question? Are you looking for a job?

What is the purpose of the question? Are you looking for a job?
Supplementary question: how have you managed to exist for so long in Argentina, doing the things you say you have been doing, without visiting a law firm, a bank or another professional service firm where you would have observed the dress codes for yourself?

Supplementary question: how have you managed to exist for so long in Argentina, doing the things you say you have been doing, without visiting a law firm, a bank or another professional service firm where you would have observed the dress codes for yourself?

Never had to go into a professional services firm in Buenos Aires, so why would I know? Do you walk into the offices of major law firms, private equity firms and hedge funds in Buenos Aires on a regular basis?

I believe lawyers and accountants always wear suits. I wouldn't be surprised if they sleep in them as well.
Bank people facing customers use dress pants and a collared shirt.
If it is your first visit to the offices, and it is a formal environment, I think it is better to be overdressed, than underdressed.

What's a store here that sellls off the rack suits here for $500-600?

Back