Drinking Tap Water

Jade Onerway

Registered
My friend who arrived there a few days ago says he is drinking water from the tap. We are renting an apartment in Recoleta, maybe that makes a difference? I don't mind buying bottled water but curious as to what the majority drink there, besides alcohol :)

I have been drinking tap water in B.A. since 1979 in Congreso,Barrio Norte, Acassuso and San Telmo and I'm still out and about
.Don't sweat it! With these lastest utility rate increases it's almost as expensive a wine anyway!

i drink the tap water here, i live in San Telmo, the quality is good, however I am in a new apartment so the pipes are good. Not too sure about the piping in the older places, i would assume that could make a difference to the quality too

The very old apartments have lead pipes for hot water so, you cannot drink it. The new use a blend of copper and zinc that is lethal for aquarium fish. So, in general, you can only drink cold water and the key are not the pipes, instead, if the tank at your building is clean and it is covered, otherwise, pigeons can defecate on it and then parasites can be transmitted.

The water here (CABA) is low in Ca, Mg, GH, Kh (1.5) and No3 (2.5 ppm) while in Europe in general is 40 ppm.

There is esterichia Coli in the water of the river so, this is why they use Cl a lot.

You can check with your portero when was the last time they clean the tank and if it is properly covered.

http://www.aysa.com....?id_seccion=657

If you type fluor in the search engine, you can access to the complete analysis of the tal water.

The very old apartments have lead pipes for hot water so, you cannot drink it. The new use a blend of copper and zinc that is lethal for aquarium fish. So, in general, you can only drink cold water and the key are not the pipes, instead, if the tank at your building is clean and it is covered, otherwise, pigeons can defecate on it and then parasites can be transmitted.

The water here (CABA) is low in Ca, Mg, GH, Kh (1.5) and No3 (2.5 ppm) while in Europe in general is 40 ppm.

There is esterichia Coli in the water of the river so, this is why they use Cl a lot.

You can check with your portero when was the last time they clean the tank and if it is properly covered.

http://www.aysa.com....?id_seccion=657

You should always drink from and cook with cold water for this reason. Even as it becomes less and less likely to be a problem, you never know and its a good habit.

Back