Drive From Mar Del Plata (Mar Chiquita) To Bariloche

ElCordobés

Registered
Looking for some advice for a good place to stop between Mar Chiquita (which is north of Mar Del Plata) and Neuquen (ultimately going to Bariloche/Villa La Angostura). We're trying to break up the drive since we're travelling with 6-year old and 20-month old girls. Bahia Blanca is a convenient enough option, but if we're going to stop for a day or two...I'd like it to be interesting...I think a few of you are in the Bahia Blanca area. Las Grutas looks interesting, but a little further south than would be ideal.

We're up in Córdoba Captial and there a many places that are great for a long weekend and built out for domestic tourism...anything down that way that would be a good stop (or two) along that route? We not in need of something that appeals to foreign tourists...just something an Argentine might do for a finde largo. Once we get to the Bariloche area...we slow down and have a few weeks and we spent 5 months there previously...It's just the logistics of getting there that is the most daunting.

Thanks!

Would ACA be of any help?

From what I hear, they have maps and detailed info how to get from A to B.
Also, quiet few affiliate camping and hotels at various locations all over Argentina,
Of course not to mention the 724 service everywhere in Argentina.

I haven't joined yet, so don't have more details.

ACA has excellent maps and guide books. Membership also offers discounts at their stations on gas and items in the store. Membership is a most excellent bargain.

Excellent idea. I was planning to joing....I just bought the car two months ago...seems I should add this trámite to the list for sure! Thanks!

A couple of possibilities….

Sierra de Ventama is a nice place. I love Las Grutas (warm swimming water) and the Valdez Peninsula (Sea Lions and Penguins) which, even if out of the way (not that far out of the way) are really worth the trip if you have the time.

Tom

Back