Driving someone else's car with them present

jez

Registered
If I am driving someone else's car, but they are present in the car do I need a 'Tarjeta Azul'?

As a general rule, does a cars insurance cover it of all drivers or just for specifically named drivers, or does it depend on the insurance policy?

Need blue card for insurance purposes.
No blue card = no insurance.
No insurance, no driving.

Can someone confirm if this is still correct. I want to drive my girlfriends car with her in it.

http://www.argentina...automóviles.php

Seems to suggest if the green card is still in effect the blue card is not necessary. However if the green card is expired a blue card is required.

If I am driving someone else's car, but they are present in the car do I need a 'Tarjeta Azul'?

As a general rule, does a cars insurance cover it of all drivers or just for specifically named drivers, or does it depend on the insurance policy?

Call your insurance company, cover varies...!!

Inside Argentina you can drive the car (even without the owner present) if you have a valid driver license and the original (non expired) "tarjeta verde". Everything else (proof of insurance, etc) is as if the owner was driving the car. If the tarjeta verde is expired you need a Tarjeta Azul under your only if you plan to drive the car by yourself. Bottom line if the owner is in the car with you… go ahead and drive (and not drink)

Back