Dulce de Leche, mate and wine?!

well hello, where have you been? oh i see you are new here. well get ready.

Interior Commerce Minister Guillermo Moreno has authorised price hikes for certain companies that sell home products

In total, 14 companies have had their request for price rises approved by the government. They include multinationals such as Danone, Unilever, Kraft Foods, Procter & Gamble and Argentine companies like Molinos and SanCor.

Has it always been the case that the government is setting prices for products or is this a new thing?

Scott read it carefully it says that companies requested the authorization to raise their prices . The Government just approved it, its not they forced the companies to do it. The companies made the request attached to a black suitcase full of money.

I've been here since August, although I left in December and January, and when I returned, I noticed that prices had risen in the grocery stores. But on such basic stuff that everyone buys, you'd think they'd have that stuff sorted out. Won't it hurt sales?? I don't understand this economic system.

mariposa said:
well hello, where have you been? oh i see you are new here. well get ready.

Dmiller said:
Scott read it carefully it says that companies requested the authorization to raise their prices . The Government just approved it, its not they forced the companies to do it. The companies made the request attached to a black suitcase full of money.

the govt has refused increases despite real cost increase in many products for years.. this is not a true free economy...at some point a company either gets an increase or goes under... not saying all increases are justified but u make it sound like it is the companies bribing govt for profit and often it is for survival:cool:

Wine is pretty much the only thing left in Argentina that remains a bargain. At least for me, anyway.

Back