Dutch freelance journalist recently arrived

svwrd

Registered
Hi all,

My name's Simon van Woerden, I'm a 25 year old Dutch graduate of journalism and humanitarian studies. I arrived to Buenos Aires a month ago, to take a stab at freelance foreign correspondence. I found your forum while looking for outgoing mail service (think I'll try DHL - also having seen the lines at Correo Argentino.. oomph!), hope to find much more useful advice and maybe give some myself in due time.

In the meanwhile, looking forward to connecting with any and all of you!

There are smalls 'libreria' types of stores that also have the Correo sign. There you don't have to wait in line. Its a lot cheaper then DHL.

Count 2 weeks for a letter to arrive in Europe, 3 weeks to arrive here.

Hey Simon, I'm Jason, 24 and Dutch as well. I studied International Business, and currently work here (the girlfriend is from here). Arrived back in February, so kinda used by now. If you wanna grab a beer, send me a pm :)

Welcome to Baires.
I like sports, if you like to practice Tennis, squash or golf, you are invited to join me to play any time.
Enjoy your stay in Buenos Aires.

Aurelien

Hey Simon, I'm working as a journalist for an international online newspaper based here in BA. We've got some positions open for covering financial/international development news. Message me if you'd be interested! -Alyssa

Back