E-commerce experience a la Argentina

recoleta

Registered
  • I want to buy stationary. I go to www.staples.com.ar. I choose the products I want to buy.
  • I go to check out. Total is $80 and shipping is $48, although it says on the same page that shipping in the city of Buenos Aires is free. I discard the cart.
  • I receive an email from a rep at Staples who asks me if I need any help. I email him back asking about the shipping cost. He says it’s a system error and that I should choose cash as Payment Method and then run the credit card through him on the phone. Too cumbersome for me, I drop off.
  • I decide to try again and go to the web site. This time shipping is free. I complete the purchase.
  • I get an email saying someone will contact me the following business day to coordinate shipping.
  • They call me the next day, ask me to spell the street again (which I typed on the web), and tell me they will deliver the following day between 9:00 and 18:00.
  • They call me again, ask for my CUIL. I don't have it yet. They ask me if I know someone who does have it… I say no and they say they’ll call me again.
  • To be continued..

u gave someone your cc info on the fone ? Perhaps u should ask if they do over th efone ordering , and or ask them where they are located and go there in person ...
Sounds like u are seting yourself up to have your cc maxed out

i bought online from Staples last week, it was a bliss, I payed cash, they didn't ask for anything and they showed up when they said they would. Shipping was free.

Back