Earthquake in NZ, calling any Christchurch-ites

AngelinBA

Registered
Hi there fellow Kiwis on this site. I'm sure by now you all know about the devastating earthquake in Christchurch. I work at the NZ Embassy here in BA, and we have received a lovely email from a Christchurch -ite (-onian, whatever you call yourselves!) saying first and foremost that his family and house are safe, and also how frustrated and helpless he feels here, wanting to get back on the next plane to NZ. He thought there might be other people in a similar situation who might want to talk, and he's offered his email address for any who want to do so.

If you would like to talk about this, please feel free to send me a private mail and I'll forward his email address to you. Of course, I'm more than willing to talk about it as well (it's all we think about at the moment!) thankfully I have no family or friends in the Christchurch area.

I wanted to send my heartfelt sympathy to all the Kiwi's that read this. You are in my thoughts and I hope that your friends a family are safe and well. Un beso grande.

Nice to find fellow Kiwis on this site who are thinking of people back home. What a tragedy for NZ, unbelievable. I hope everyone's families are OK and have found a safe place to stay until things calm down.

Kia Kaha

Back