El Banco Mundial reconoció la estabilidad argentina ante la crisis

viviana456

Registered
Argentina has been affected by the World crisis but suprisingly has been resilient in many areas. Unempoyment has not increased dramatically and the general mood is still quietly optimistic. I have friends in New York who tell me that the mood there is very depressed and with great increases in unemployment and homelessness.

It surprises me that people speak of a crisis here when I see certain things on a daily basis. For example, the amount of traffic / cars / congestion on the roads is unbelievable. This mean people are spending on gas (which is expensive here) and going somewhere. The shopping malls here are PACKED to the gills, take a look at Alto Palermo, Abasto and Unicenter on a Saturday afternoon, no where to park and walking around you're packed in the mall. And people are carrying multiple shopping bags, so yes apparently they are spending. Another HUGE GIANT mall is about to open in SAAVEDRA it's the largest shopping mall yet in Buenos Aires called DOT Buenos Aires. Another thing is the amount of money I see being spent in the bakeries and pastry shops. The other day I was in my favorite one "Las Delicias" on Av. Triunvirato and not a single person in there spent less than $40 pesos, one lady spent $600 on a tray of sandwiches de miga and 4 dozen facturas. Does this sound like crisis times to you??

The main reason why the international crisis hasn't affected Argentina directly is because since 2001 the country has being living whitout any sort of credit. A financial crisis is less likely to affect a country with practicaly no financial system at all.

Davidglen77 you just made my afternoon. I know this is a serious topic, but your post did make me laugh. Why are sandwiches de miga so expensive anyways? Is it that special never seen before size of bread slices that they use??

erindanelle said:
Why are sandwiches de miga so expensive anyways? Is it that special never seen before size of bread slices that they use??

I always thought meagre was a more appropriate spelling.

Back