Election Night

vbrizuela

Registered
Is anyone going anywhere to watch the elections next Tuesday night? Does anyone know of bars/pubs where they'll be showing election results?

I've heard Sugar Bar in Palermo. I assume there might be a party if the election goes a certain way. Let me know if you want to join somewhere. I'm trying to get a bunch of Americans together.

I've also heard of Sugar... will be going early on (before midnight) with the bf, if anyone wants to grab a table there

I just called the SugarBar in Palermo. Costa Rica 4619 1414 Buenos Aires, Capital Federal
(0)11 4831 3276.

They will be showing the election results in a Big Screen. That's where they had it last time around. Good place to hang out & order food & drinks.
Still can't believe four years have come & gone.

I'm not an american, but still interested in the election. If there is a group going to SugarBar maybe I am joyning (if Germans are welcome) ;-))

Alex

I'll be heading over around 11. Hopefully, we'll know the results before daylight.

mainly for TehDeej, your quote "I'm trying to get a bunch of Americans together"
Could you please clarify?
Do you mean a bunch of people from Argentina, Chile, Boliva, Colombia, Panama, Ecuador, Uruguay, Brasil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Venezuela, Surinan, Guyana, Guyana Francesa, Peru, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salavador, Guatamala, Belice and Canada and maybe some I missed?, or as I suspect you are referring to citizens of the United States of America, actually a relativly small propòrtion of the 'Americas'

mainly for TehDeej, your quote "I'm trying to get a bunch of Americans together"
Could you please clarify?
Do you mean a bunch of people from Argentina, Chile, Boliva, Colombia, Panama, Ecuador, Uruguay, Brasil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Venezuela, Surinan, Guyana, Guyana Francesa, Peru, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salavador, Guatamala, Belice and Canada and maybe some I missed?, or as I suspect you are referring to citizens of the United States of America, actually a relativly small propòrtion of the 'Americas'

Again - we've been thought this 383782717 times. People from the US call themselves Americans. Period. United Statesian doesn't exist as a word in English so there isn't another option. You will certainly hear people say "I'm from the US" but other than that, the word "American" is used to describe citizenship (and lots and lots of countries use the same phrase to describe people from the US. The use of the word doesn't mean someone is unaware of every other country in the southern and northern hemisphere. It just means that is the word used. If citizens of any other country would like to call themselves Americans, have at it. Since not person from any other country does so, it hardly seems a big issue but feel free to continue to harp on it. Every time this comes up, I always think of little kids with toys and the "I don't want to play with it but you can't have it." IE - I don't call myself American but you can't use the word. :rolleyes:

Hey there guys, I'm trying to get somewhere tonight to watch and hopefully celebrate, but I don't know any fellow Americans (USians?)! If anyone's going to be at sugar or anywhere else that wouldn't mind a guest tagging along, let me know :)

Back