Elections and inflation?

balover

Registered
Some expats and I were talking today and they mentioned that usually after presidential elections prices go up in Argentina. How true is this? Should I be stocking up (i.e. like mosquito repelents)?

"balover" said:
Some expats and I were talking today and they mentioned that usually after presidential elections prices go up in Argentina. How true is this? Should I be stocking up (i.e. like mosquito repelents)?
Kirchner will probally before his term ends hike the price of
Gas
GNC
Electricity
Water
Bus fare
Train fares
Subte fares
Most are long due but it will neverthless increase inflation and help Cristina to start with a clean slate
P.S. I expect that Kirchner wants to pay off the Paris Club as well, that would probally cost around 5 billion of Central Banks money and that will lead to more devaluation(see when the IMF debt was paid)

"balover" said:
Should I be stocking up (i.e. like mosquito repelents)?

I've heard that each time after Argentine elections price of mosquito repellents goes extremely high and all the country is getting invaded by giant mosquitos. Traditionally the winning party organizes mosquito repellent giveaways in all major cities to avoid public disorders, so you have nothing to worry about :) .

Back