En Familia- Theater Show

BAMama

Registered
I was just reading about this theater show: http://agendacultural.buenosaires.gob.ar/evento/en-familia/5915

It sounds interesting. My Spanish is passible, I know I'd struggle and miss out on stuff, but I was wondering what you guys thought of Argentine theater.

1. Do the culture differences make it difficult to understand the nuances, jokes, etc?
2. Is it worth going even though I won't understand 100% of it?
3. Have any of you had any experience at the theater here?

We saw Caberet a few years ago and even without understanding a word we loved it. Of course we are familiar with the play. It was a great production.

Yes to all!

Many shows from musicals through to watching Shakespeare performed halfway up ropes *in spanish bizarre!!.

I have always found it difficult to keep up and maintain attention but also very enjoyablememorable and worthwhile.

I say it helps if you can read a synopsis beforehand - for Shakespeare then this is a good idea even if in English!!

Long live live theatre!! I love the restoration of 21 de Mayo after so many years of falling apart - deservedly called the little Colon!

and Yes intend going to see this production after some reading/research on Florencio Sanchez

Back